Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I'm with you on the single booster - I think I sill have one kicking around somewhere.

BUT, i remembered I'm using the wrx tranny, I gotta go hydraulic cuz its push-type. :(

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
:)

tank is out

now I get to decipher this mess:

I found the DIY GD tank threads so I'll just have to sit down and make sense of them now.

interior gutted.. not many bolts left on this car that I haven't turned. wee

there are a few areas on the bottom that have some light surface rust.. I'd hate to come this far and overlook them. I don't want to go down the whole sandblast route but any recommendations? I'm going to pressure wash and maybe sand some of the rust and then hit the under belly with rhino liner or something.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
yeah I got lucky this time. The chassis is much cleaner than my first wagon. Hacking up the hatch area was fucking silly.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
i *think* I've got the wiring and evap sorted for the GD tank... Thanks to BRZCory's DIY.
came with a Walbro 255 so I'll use that instead of the STi pump I bought.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Yeah but the gauge wont read accurately since the GD tank has 2 senders. Float is also on the other side. Actually, i'm not sure it fits but those are reasons to use the GD crap.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

Anyone know of a better/cheaper alternative to these things? ~$250. but I'm only going to use them for a week or so while I prep/paint the chassis.

·
Premium Member
98 2.5RS - V2 WRX Swap
1,590 Posts
Anyone know of a better/cheaper alternative to these things? ~$250. but I'm only going to use them for a week or so while I prep/paint the chassis.
Is that for rolling the chassis around on?

I made something out of 4x4's, 6x4's and some casters from Amazon...

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Yarp. I'm gonna pressure wash and probably sand the underside and hit it with some rhino liner. need to mvoe it out of the garage.

yeah pretty much like you built but I need more height out of it.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Group N bushings on top,
SuperPro diff bushings in

rear hubs reassembled with whiteline bushings and wrx backing plates for the 2 pot calipers

I bought the timken 517008 for the fronts but its too small??

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
No, its not the wrong one. I just realized part of the old bearing is still in there. dammit.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
464 Posts
When I had to do wheel bearings on the SVX I just pulled the knuckles off the car and brought them (and new bearings) to the machine shop. F that noise.

That subframe looks niiiiiiiiice.

61 - 80 of 358 Posts