Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
98 impreza outback
12 Posts
Excite! very nice so far, loved following your last build. just moved to OR myself seems like seattle has got the plug on the jdm goodies tho excited to be so close haha Keep it up dont stop

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks gents!

I'm taking off on vacation for 2 weeks but after I get back I'm going to clean the inside and then lay the new carpet down.

I will update with fitment details and process pics.

Also dropped off all the things for powder coating and those should be done when I get back as well.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
welp slow progress but something at least.

I got back from my trip expecting my parts to be done from powder coating but I had a bunch of voicemails saying he forgot to write down the color I wanted.
Womp womp.

So I got the transmission down and out. dropped it on my stomach which was fun.

the LCA chassis bolts are giving me some trouble cuz I don't have enough space to run a long breaker bar and my electric impact just doesn't have enough oomph to break them.

After I get those off the whole front subframe assembly will come down.

Oh, i also removed the evaporator from behind the dash. No AC for me!

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Iii'mmm bluuee dabu dee da bu daiii

whitelined up

Got the LCAs out, front subframe down, with steering and all attached.
pulled the BMC and half of the brake lines for the ABS delete. Still need to disconnect them at the wheel wells to get rid of the rest.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thanks! Next steps are to finish stripping down the engine bay so I can paint it.

Debating on white, grey, or trying to match the "mystic blue" that I got the parts coated in.

Gonna drop the fuel tank and thinking about upgrading to the wrx tank.

Clean it up and then I can start bolting things together.
I ordered viton valve seals and new headgaskets and ARP studs and all the oil seals so I can start prepping the ej20g to go in.

Amazon.com : Karcher K1700 Electric Power Pressure Washer 1700 PSI TruPressure, 3-Year Warranty, Turbo Nozzle Included : Garden & Outdoor
might pick up this pressure washer to try and clean up the engine bay and clean the JDM gearbox too. think 1700 is enough PSI for degreasing?

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thanks dude.
Just like primer... on the lighter side. The grey could look good cuz its halfway between the subframe color and the steel blue mica. Good point on the color matching.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Dash bar out, just gotta pull the heater core and I can get the wire harness out and then the engine bay should be good to start prepping. :)

naked bay

Does the fuse box come out from inside the engine bay or do I have to disconnect the connectors and go back through the fender?

Also my 1.2mm MLS headgaskets and Viton valves showed up! Gotta start getting that ej20g ready!

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
873 Posts
Some good progress.
I was looking at your pics. thought, wonder what way the fuse box goes out. Then, read you've got the same question. Ha.
Looks good man. Keep it up.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
thanks man, I'm getting motivated since I'm almost at the - putting things back on the car - phase.
Since i have the fenders off I think pulling the box up and connectors through might be the easiest way. I'll let ya know.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
rest of the bay stuff removed! Yes the fuse box came out easiest for me up through the engine bay. But you need to remove the hood latch cable with it and unplug some stuff under the dash at the internal fuse box and also remove the part that connects along the bottom of the radiator support. Takes a bit of finesse to get it through the triangle cutout but it fits.

wire harness out, pedals out, everything out.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
single booster. better pedal feel. the dual will give you a softish pedal, and when you leep pushing it firms up.

cable clutch. simple. one part. you dont have a master, slave, lines.. bleeding, all that can fail. making my car is cable and it lasted over 300k. however.. if youre planning some HD-wise.. cable wont last and won't be able to hold when you push the clutch in.

41 - 60 of 360 Posts