Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

461 - 468 of 468 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 2.5RS - V2 WRX Swap
1,667 Posts
Wow man, I hadn't checked your thread in a while. The car looks great!! The sunroof conversion is super rad. Nice job dude...makes me want to do some more work to my wagon.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
288 Posts
Hey man. Been a long time. :) I've got to get back out to the garage and do the next phase of work (more wiring) on my wagon. That fiber optic headliner looks amazing.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #468
thanks man! really helped me stay sane during the lockdown. haha

Here's some more hoeing... and then I've got 2 questions.

Also I threw on the pink STi sticker.. don't know how i feel about it. You can hardly see it and I don' tknow if that makes it better or pointless.

1. I get this clunking from the rear brakes only at low speed and only when I'm switching from reverse to first (and then braking)
I've traced it down to the ebrake assembly.. its like its getting hung up and then it pops off the rotor when it changes direction? Anyone have insight on this? everything looks assembled properly, and was freshly lubed but it wiggles a lot. maybe just needs new springs? it isn't dragging.
Video of shoes making noise (click)

video of rotor (click)

install top

install bottom

and then question 2:
I've uppped the boost to about 13-14 but its still hesitating or blowing out.
I've got WRX coils and pfr-7b plugs. my feelers only go to .025 but its almost there. I can't imagine it being more than .028
what to check next?

461 - 468 of 468 Posts