Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

441 - 455 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
402 Posts
Damn, that looks good! Is it 86F?

EDIT: Just read back and saw you say its going to be 86F. Excellent choice.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
thanks guys, also turns out I didn't make it home scott free.
Exhaust slip joint broke off after smashing it too much. Need to get a replacement or just have one made.

And my axle took a shit. Wondering if the hardware flying off might have caught it cuz thats a nasty rip.

anyway.. cleaned and etching primer on the welds on the inside of the car.

here's a pic of the roof to show how smooth it turned out

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
new axle is in.. found a leaking fuel filler hose. can't wait to drop the subframe to replace it. Fucking garage leaks so bad..
top of this hose, you can see the orange residue from the fuel leaking. it rained down the last time I filled up.

this is what my garage looks like right now so I moved inside

fiberglass for structural support

testing out the fiber optics on the non-sunroof scrap headliner

headliner wrapped.. came out OK... have some wrinkles up by the driver side visor and you can see the seam line cuz I didn't make it smooth enough but it'll do.

fit the lip on the bumper

leveled out the saggy bumper. Pass is still low cuz I hadn't bolted that side up in first pic

grill still sits too far on on driver side but its so much better than before

drain tubes and vents for sunroof

had to bend the rear of these brackets up with a large wrench cuz they were for the sedan, not wagon

rear spats on the bumper

and for more indoor rainy weather entertainment I finally made the connector harnesses for the ignition coil upgrade.

waiting for some motivation to get that fuel hose replaced, then I'm gonna have the exhaust made.
I need to find someone to color correct and coat the paint in seattle.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
I have, and I eventually will but when they redid the driveway it wasn't graded properly.
Also the leaking is coming from the flat torch-down roof where it meets the angled roof section.
I think I just have to take it down and start over.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
found some more broken shit, hoping the threads are just dirty and I can get away with a cleaning

ignoring that for now, got the subframe down a lot quicker than I expected. dunno why I dragged so much ass on it

stupd leaky hose, i bought the wrong one so that put a stop to my work...

QUESTION:
this is just a vapor line but it looks like its starting to crack in the creases... I don't think the OEM one from a WRX will work becase they don't meet the filler neck at the same place.
I feel like I should replace it while the tank is accessible - RECOMMENDATIONS for a replacement hose? Is there a material that bends better? Can I put metal in it and heat it to make bends or something?

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #449
Cap it? Doesn't it need to breathe into the filler tube? I have no cannister.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
799 Posts

ignoring that for now
I know where you're coming from, but I have to advise against ignoring that. I've had those lines/couplers rust out on multiple old Subarus. They get really bad right where they come through the body. My SVX has no brakes right now for this reason.
That said, yours look waaaay better than mine did so you probably have plenty of time.

Edit: my plan is to move that coupler to just inside the chassis (cut/flare the lines running along the door sills under the seat) and use rubber lines to go from the coupler through the grommet to the rear brake lines. Less chance of rust in my mind, food for thought maybe.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #452
I know where you're coming from, but I have to advise against ignoring that. I've had those lines/couplers rust out on multiple old Subarus. They get really bad right where they come through the body. My SVX has no brakes right now for this reason.
That said, yours look waaaay better than mine did so you probably have plenty of time.

Edit: my plan is to move that coupler to just inside the chassis (cut/flare the lines running along the door sills under the seat) and use rubber lines to go from the coupler through the grommet to the rear brake lines. Less chance of rust in my mind, food for thought maybe.
Oh I'm gonna fix it. Just its gonna wait until the fuel line is done. I'm hoping I can just clean the threads and re-bleed the brakes. fingers crossed.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #453
Yea I mean remove it all haha. It's work though.

Maybe make your own hose with a joint to change the angle since it's vapors, not worried about liquid leaks.
isn't that the roll-over valve? To delete do I just plug it? Its already been drilled out inside...

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #455
still waiting on the replacement hose. I got the spring though and it works pretty well.
so I did some tidying up:
cut the sunroof drip hoses to length, put in the grommets

decided to use the airbag system for power for the sunroof. Still had an old harness so I just depinned all except power and ran it behind the dash to the sunroof plug. (There are no bags in the car or system of any kind except fuse box power FYI)

while i was testing it out I put the suede wrapped cover on the lid

I can't wait to get the whole headliner on. I bought some Dynomat and closed cell foam that I'm gonna put in before I can put the headliner on. Hopefully this weekend.

then I finally found a KPH to MPH converter so I swapped to the cleaner (simpler) speedo. Hopefully it reads decently close. the other one was 10mph too high, probably becuase of wheels?

last but not least I pu tthe rear washer bottle back in and ran new hose

Upcoming:
clips are coming for drip rails then roof rack goes back on.
then I can put the headliner all the way on, pillar covers... need to route the sunroof harness properly
fuel hoses should be here this week, then I can get back on the ground. I gotta look at that fucking brake distribution block. ughh
and get my exhaust made.

441 - 455 of 455 Posts