Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

401 - 416 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
yeah, typing faster than I was thinking.
Battery is dead. measured 7v this morning. its brand new so probably a bad alternator.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
got a new alternator but the battery seems to be slowly draining still. I did a parasitic draw test and got only 3mA which is well below problematic.
gonna charge up the battery tomorrow and try again.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
It was that connector that I couldn't identify. I believed it to be (with some help ;) ) the headlights Brights signal to the cluster but apparently it tied to the cluster battery light.
I wired it up and now all is good.

body side

connector I cut from old dash

morimoto d2s 5.0 projectors

can't decide between black housing or chrome (i have a spare bezel)

Also thinking about switching up the color.. Originally I wanted the 86F seen here:

but now I'm thinking something like this would look sexier

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
I'm still so torn. I think its cuz I haven't seen the steel blue mica in person before but it seems muted in some pics, meanwhile that orangeish red is so vibrant.

pulled the fenders a little more cuz i was still getting some rubbing

bolted in the back seats with head rests (yuss)
also put in the OEM subaru dog guard and cargo covers

I did the figure 8's for about an hour. Still seems pretty noisy but I'm gonna flush the fluid and try some friction modifier.
click if you want to see 30 seconds of me doing figure 8s lol

(I put the silencer in cuz I wanted to attract less attention)

Also good spot to do a mini photoshoot

looks like I got a coolant leak or something. Possibly the turbo feed? Will investigate further

my stable

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
370 Posts
What did you have to trim to fit the morimoto d2s's in those housings? I have a set of both D2S's and H1's on the shelf, I like the look of the bigger projector. And I like the blacked out look, to answer your question.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
only thing I trimmed was the projector bezel. You have to trim the shit out of them

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
the BEST

anyway, looks like I fucked up on the lower banjo washers too.. (zoom)

Here I am jerking off my axle. They both made the same noise. one was new the other used. sounds a lot like what I'm hearing in the clunking video

ANY INPUT HERE? is this normal tolerance?
click

shavings after flushing the diff. didn't look TOO bad but I don't know what to expect.

I found both my rear calipers are leaking. must've been that damn o-ring I tried to shrink back in place. I ordered some replacements. I'll try to rebuild and keep these as spares

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
thanks man.. I'm glad all the major shit is working correctly but these little things are Death by 1,000 cuts!

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
well that was annoying. it was just a die mark from when they cut the washers. Its actually one piece.

took the turbo all apart for nothing. but I threw a hose clamp on in place of the spring clip feeding the coolant feed.

got the new rear calipers

401 - 416 of 416 Posts