Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

381 - 400 of 404 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
You're not going to build appreciable oil pressure by cranking alone.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
the gauge was in place of the dummy light - temporarily. It works now and the cluster light is back plugged in.

starting here cuz I know what you hoes want
click

got this cheap exhaust as a place holder. not super happy with it but it's something to keep the car quiet ish until I get the replacement made.

co pilot ready

the check engine light is flickering (not flashing)- thinking its a ground thing gonna double check all that when I'm sober. I read online that means misfire but it runs smoothly?
Idle starts to climb after its running. I need to adjust the baseline fuel pressure, its way too high right now.
I got a leak at one of the fuel rails, but I should just need to snug up the fitting.
So far so good.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
ECU is a RobTune and yes confirmed to read as misfire. wondering if the cheapo knock sensor might've been a bad idea.
could have been from the fuel leak at the rail / fuel pressure too high. I tightened the rail fitting, gonna adjust the fuel base pressure and then check codes and then start investigating my coil packs.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #387
been waiting for the correct lateral links so I could bolt up the sways, they finally came yesterday.

put her down and rolled her outside

I set the base fuel pressure to 43.5 no vacuum, tightened up the fitting but I think its still leaking. Might have to replace it. :(
I pulled codes from the ECU got 24 which is supposed to be the idle valve. it ran at high idle for a bit, dropped down, then the misfire light started flashing again.
CLICK

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
compression is solid, leak down is excellent

coil primary resistance seems a bit high 1.1 compared to the FSM spec of 0.7 but they all measure the same.
Secondary resistance I'm not getting any measurement (between the sparkplug contact and pin 1) - gonna check the coils it came with to see how they compare.

knock sensor measures out at 500K Ohm to ground (per spec)

made enough room to put both cars back in the garage.

also found what I think is a fuel leak... right on top of the exhaust.. what could go wrong?! lol

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
I'm just happy to see that you're using a harness on the pooch.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #390
no input on the misfire?
I checked voltage at the ignition coil connector and they're all a healthy 12V. (FSM says 10 minimum)

gonna OHM out the ignitor and do a spark check, but other than that I'm running out of ideas.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
tested and got a healthy spark on all coils at all cylinders.
I'm at a loss for the misfire.

·
Registered
2002 RSTI, 1999 RS
105 Posts
can you sense the misfire in engine performance? does the idle stumble?

have you checked injectors? valve lash? spark plug gap? are coil packs plugged into the correct cylinders?

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #393
can you sense the misfire in engine performance? does the idle stumble?

have you checked injectors? valve lash? spark plug gap? are coil packs plugged into the correct cylinders?
the idle is high and goes lumpy, but i'm also throwing a IACV check engine light so more likely the idle issues are from the valve because it has been able to hold a steady idle, at least momentarily.

the knock/misfire light (robtune feature) flashes the CEL rapidly and I haven't put load on the car - just garage starts. I've read it might just be noisy at idle so I may take it around the block once I fix up some things and see if its actually pulling timing. also haven't filled the power steering which may make noise from the pump.

injectors were freshly cleaned, did not check valve lash but the 20g has HLAs.
coils are in correct cylinders yes, and I pulled the plugs but couldn't find my gauges.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #395
fixed the fuel line leak and bolted the ECU to the chassis. Seems to have fixed the lumpy idle and misfire light.
click these for videos:

and this one:

:)

got to lowering the car finally so I can get it aligned and break in the KAAZ 1.5 way.
Any recommendations for doing a quick home alignment so I can break the diff in first?
or is it okay to drive on the diff to get the car to the alignment shop?

driver side boot is basically touching the damper adjustment knob. suggestions on how to remedy this? The passenger side axle had a different boot that.

Real happy with how she sits. Back end is a little higher but being that its a wagon I wanted more room in the back.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #396
had to get a new fender for reasons I don't want to get into lol.
Also set the ride height so the damper knob clears the axle boot. I don't hate it. (only raised about .25"

took it around the block and noticed a dragging noise that sounded like a stuck caliper.
rear shield was rubbing.. guess I need a new rear rotor

kaaz diff is begging for a break in. Sounds loud but normal right?
CLICK FOR VIDEO

gonna see if my guy is doing alignments during the quarantine, then time for figure 8s!

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #400
its the exhaust banging around
realized it when I got under to torque the suspension with everything in the car.

click for baby boost

alignment came out perfect. -1 in the rear and -1.5 up front, zero toe.

Right as I got home the tach stopped working and the engine stuttered. I'm thinking the speedo cable may have come lose.

381 - 400 of 404 Posts