Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

361 - 368 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
well I figured out why it was stuck. its a JDM RHD master cylinder, the pushrod is way too long. Sucks cuz I finally got it bled and installed before I figured it out. Yay.

got the manifold apart, gonna have it coated and then I can put all the turbo in place. Still waiting for the PS fittings but they're sending me a new set with a tracking number this time. And catch cans are hopefully around soon.

Then its go time!

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
right arm!

fits perfect. Is the clutch fork supposed to rest at a spot out of contact of the slave?

made me a new gasket for the intercooler cuz they're discontinued

fubar'd on these hardened studs.. i tried heat, tried atf/acetone, tried it all. I took it to ray to see if he could do a better job than I did.
Does anyone know if the exhaust housing for the td05h is the same as the standard subaru td04?

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
Happy New Year, busters!

got those 10mm fittings finally so I could finish the PS stuff.

Lines are all fabbed up and cleaned. I need to find rubber sleeving to protect the frame where they pass in front of the radiator, and some insulation for where it goes by the downpipe. I've got some 6an clamps to keep things tidy. Suggestions on sleeving/insulation? What do you guys use?

Finally got my Saikou Michi catch cans in. These things are dope

mounted

I used that eastwood plastic restore on these parts:

got the extended wheel studs on

radiator in, top mount and coolant tank are just resting

I don't know wtf the blue is on the intercooler but I'm going to fix that.

Has anyone fit these into the GC chassis?

Its so fucking close I can taste it.
Waiting on Ray @ AutoHero to save my ass on the broken exhaust studs then I can coat the manifold and exhaust housings.
Need to get a downpipe / turbo back, get my injectors cleaned, and finish up the vacuum lines.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
494 Posts
Holy crap, that plastic restore stuff worked awesome! Thanks for mentioning it, I'll be picking some up for sure.

As far as insulating those lines, I believe your best bet would be the pre made sleeve you can get from AutoZone and the like. And correct me if I'm wrong, but your P.S. cooler is on the return side, after the rack and before the reservoir, correct?

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
Hey bud, yeah its just spray paint and its a little expensive but the parts came out awesome. I did 3 coats.

PS cooler is on the return side, yes.
Return line feeds to the cooler, from the cooler to the reservoir, res to pump, pump to High pressure FEED to rack.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
MotoCam hood struts on. they rub a little on the fender by the hinge mount and it kinda bulges up the hood. Might try slot the bracket and see if I can get a little more clearance. Otherwise pretty good product.

is this a replacement oring for this reservoir? the old one sat in the groove, just found the part number. No harm in running both?

catch can vacuum lines routed and cut to length. still need a 5/8 to 1/2 90degree barb for the intake and then its finished.

used the leftover hose to make some protective sleeving for the PS lines where they pass in front of the radiator.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
got the o ring

bolted the uppipe up for clearance check on my PS lines

lines done

Noticed this fitting didn't bottom out against the o-ring. (click for video)
Since its the low pressure return should I leave it? Or should I try to grind down some material on the fitting to let it fully bottom out?

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
Ground down some material on the PS return fitting, tight like a champ now.
Final picture of the PS lines (Cuz they're fucking done)
Happy with how the clamping turned out. good clearance on the uppipe and not too messy by the radiator.

thinking I should cut some of this away

Also, what do you guys use for emblem adhesive? not the thick ass 3M trim tape but super thin stuff. I heard any glues aren't good for the paint and that there's a d2000 tape by 3m but I can't find it for purchase anywhere...

361 - 368 of 368 Posts