Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

241 - 260 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
'96 OBS
235 Posts
Congrats on the progress! I know how hard it is to keep motivation even on a smaller project, so I don't know how you do it. It does look great though.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Tanks bruddah.

Time to get this bish fired up!
Gonna have to move on to the engine soon. (been dreading it) but running out of other stuff to do! lol

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #247

iWire harness laid in

starting to look like a car again

i got paint dust on my powder coated manifold. any ideas how to clean it off? tried acetone and pressure washing but not so much success.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
thanks, sir!
Dash should go in this weekend and then I'll be forced to work on the engine shortly after that.

Gonna open up the ring gaps and replace my valve seals and then put it all back together.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
with extra chocolate chips!

Dash is in, a cluster fuck of wiring to sort through. Got the wrx pedals in too.

When I swapped from the older style dash (no airbag) one connector on the harness is different. It looks like the wires are the same colors so I should be able to just repin I think. DOES ANYONE KNOW?

this one is from the 94 dash

and this is the one that was originally in the car

Also trying to figure out where I want to mount my boost gauge. Leaning towards the pillar mount.
Thoughts?

And since I didn't want ot deal with the wiring today I mounted my SYMS replica upper wing

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
873 Posts
I always prefer them on the pillar. Boost and egt. That way I can see them with my eyes still up. Ymmv.
Course that's where my first turbo vehicle came with them there so maybe I am just use to them being there.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,733 Posts
Not a fan of Pillar mount. Just one more direction to look when you're gettin' it.

241 - 260 of 360 Posts