Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

201 - 220 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #201

this is AFTER de-rusting..
wire wheel and plate them? I've found some company that makes replacement pistons but not sure how I feel about that.
Impreza 4 Pot Stainless Piston and Seal Kit - Godspeed

also, I got my marching orders for the paint booth setup from my friend. he finally had time to come by. gotta hang some painters plastic, sweep the garage, scuff and tape!

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
873 Posts
I ordered the ss kits, front and rear from Godspeed. There a little expensive, but oh well. There shipping was very quick. The quality looks top notch. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to run them yet. I did research on them a ton and Godspeed is very well known in the uk for performance brakes and big brake kits.
Don't know if that helps but, there it is. That's my minimal experience.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #208

powder! still haven't sprayed the bay yet.. hopefully have time this weekend to get the garage prepped.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
thanks man! yeah I probably will wait out snowmaggedon before I spray but I still can prep the garage and get some scuffing done... and rebuild the calipers. and teardown the ej20.... actually gonna try to work on the car this weekend. finally

·
Registered
'96 OBS
235 Posts
I'll be working on mine too, or at least working on things that will go in it soon. :) With any luck my own project will be out of stealth mode in a couple weeks (or months).

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
finally got into the cold-ass garage..

tried to rebuild my calipers. Fronts went together okay..

rears look like i have the wrong sized piston seals. Anyone have this problem before? I emailed the vendor.. waiting to hear back.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
873 Posts
Part numbers right. I think those seals go in side the caliper housing. They squish down to fit. It's been a long time since I played with caliper rebuild. But it seems to ring a bell.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
they do but they still need to seal tight to the piston or the brake fluid will just leak out.

·
Registered
95 impreza wagon
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
someone said they're the same size pistons as z32 rears..

something still isn't right.
WHO NEEDS REAR BRAKES ANYWYA?!

201 - 220 of 360 Posts