Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
02 WRX
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I Have Ross Forged Pistons for 00-01 2.5rs and want to know if i can use them with my STi Rods with no problem or do i have to get STi pistons . I try to look for a thread but i didnt find any help. I need to know be for I slap everything together And get my tuneing done.

Let me know what you guys think can help me out. Only asking cause someone told me there to short and they wont work out.:(

also well im at it let me ask is it worth it and do i have to get PNP if i upgrade my Valves (supertech springs/retaners/Valves). Or can i stay with my stock valve set with my delta 2000 grid.?

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
from what i remember, as long as its the 255/257 rod and crank combo, it will work...
but its been a while..
you wont have a problem selling your forged ones though, if i remember wrong.

·
Registered
1990 legacy wagon
679 Posts
You need to be sure the rods are the same length AND the pistons are the same as the STI pistons..... Otherwise you will either extend out of the block , or be too short.

·
Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,129 Posts
RS rods wont work with STI pistons. And visa versa. If you have forged pistons for a RS then you cannot use STI rods. The rod lengths are different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.