Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Need the part shifter linkage part number for GC8D48D

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  johnxx 
#1 ·
Hey there, I am having trouble finding the shifter linkage I will need for my specific car, Supposedly there were two different versions made for 1995-1996 Imprezas and I am not exactly sure which one I will need, Does anyone have the parts diagram that I can use to lookup my specific car?

My car details are:
Subaru Impreza WRX 1996
Applied Model: GC8D48D
Transmission: TY752VBCAA

When I say shifter linkage I am referring the part I have attached to this thread.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I found two plausible diagrams on jp-carparts.com. You might have better luck at narrowing it down based on what you know about your car.
1992/11 - 1996/08: MANUAL GEAR SHIFT SYSTEM / subaru | part list|JP-CarParts.com
1996/09 - 1998/08: MANUAL GEAR SHIFT SYSTEM / subaru | part list|JP-CarParts.com

If you're in the US, I'd find a part number from there and then take it over to parts.subaru.com and see if there's a corresponding USDM part number or if another part supersedes that one.

Now the one thing to watch out for in terms of figuring out what you need is that it might be tempting to just pop the shifter boot off and judge what you need by the style of the shifter itself. I did that, thinking I was being oh so clever and only later found out that my USDM '96 OBS has this transition year surprise:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.