Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright fellas I'll make this quick and simple. I'm looking at a 2000 RS 4 door and its pretty clean outside and interior could use a little TLC but my biggest concern is that it has a 162k miles. I've been a honda boy all my life so I don't know personally if subies can hold up after 150k. When I test drove it for literally 30 secs ( it was raining.... hard) the drivetrain sounded nice and there was no budge. It could use brakes but thats all I could tell what was wrong. What can I look for, for my next visit which might be my purchase of the car. and big question.. is 162k to much? if you need more if to make a better decision just post or pm me.
-jon

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
162k is a good bit... but Subies do go up and sometimes over 200k I hear. It really depends how the owner treated it and how often they did maintenance on it. Also, if it has any performance mods, you should assume the owner ran it hard too.

Any other info you have would be helpful for us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car was actually bone stock. so I wouldn't know if he modded it or not. the car WAS it two minor rear accidents. uh the driverside rear fendor was replaced along with the driverside rear wheel. an the sunroof rattles when fully open. I can't really think of anything else

·
I miss my GC.
'02 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB
336 Posts
If it's a good deal I'd get it. It will make for a great swap car in the future if the engine does ever crap out... but lots of Subies hit the quarter million mile mark, so I'm sure you can get some life out of it. All Subarus rattle, it's just something you'll have to deal with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, to my knowledge its a good deal. 00' rs 162k 5spd for $4000. so yea. sorry for my nubness but i'm still kinda new to the subie world though all my friend have subies

1 - 5 of 5 Posts