Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the torque spec for the rear strut top nuts? I just installed new struts/springs last weekend, and I'm starting to hear some loud clunking noises. It got even louder when I took my seat out. Just wanna make sure everythings tight.

Also, whats the spec for the swaybar endlinks??

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
I didn't know we had to torque the endlinks...:curse: But then again, I don't own a torque wrench. May be a good idea.

When I installed my rear swaybar, I just made sure it felt nice and tight but not to break the nuts. The suspension is a part of the car that will always be flexing, vibrating, loosening, whatever you wanna call it. So make sure it's tight enough as not to rattle off when you drive over a pothole or some sort. I have no other knowledge of suspension.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't really think you *NEED* to torque you endlink bolts, but It would give me peace of mind. I just went for really REALLY tight.

I tightened up the three nuts (on each side) holding the rear struts in and the big nut holding the strut in the top hat thing, and the clunking has gone away. But I'd still like to know what the spec is so I dont have to keep takin my seat out over and over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts