Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT Wagon
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to get my car inspected in MA so I can transfur all my NY stuff over to this state like insurance and what not.

I have a high flow cat on the car which throws a CEL (low efficiency). I can clear the codes but the car shows a "not ready" for about 80 miles after I clear em. Do most inspection places care about the "not ready" or that I just cleared the codes. I would really rather not have to buy a stock cat just for the inspection so i can take it right off again. Any suby friendly shops in the area that might be able to help would be awsome.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
I would post this in the New England section for better results... I would love to find a place that will inspect when the ECU says "not ready" I am having the same problem...

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS, BRP
112 Posts
ah my CEL went off and the car is now magically ready!!! wahoo.

boo Mass won't do and out of state inspection. I have to change over my regisration first.
in MA you'll have to get insurance first, then registration, then you have 7 days to get it inspected.

·
Registered
GF OBS-T, GM RS EJ20, SF EJ20
4,973 Posts
In NYS you can have 2 systems "Not Ready" & pass a plug in inspection in car older than 2001 (1996-2000), not sure if the system is similar in Mass but a good inspection guy will know.

I never knew that & always waited for a "ready" signal from my scan-gauge to go to inspection until my inspection guy told me this "secret"....

You do have to put like 30 miles on the car to get most of the systems ready.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts