Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Need some input

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  JSaint25 
#1 ·
Sometime within the next few months, I'm planning on repainting my car. There are a lot of little paint chips on the hood and other places as well as a few small dents that I want to get fixed at the same time.

What I was thinking was that since I was getting the car painted, I might try a new color. Right now the car is BRP. I still want to have a blue car, but I think I want a darker blue.

I was thinking I maybe a midnight blue or something. Could you guys give me some suggestions? Maybe some dark blue cars I can look at?

With your suggestions I plan on looking up paint codes too, so any input you can give me, would be very helpful.

thanks!

#6 ·
Hey thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming! :D

HondaH8er: Steel blue Mica is one of my favorite scuby colors too. Thanks for the paint code. If I can't find another good blue or stick to BRP, then I think I will go with the Steel blue Mica.

I want to stay blue, but I don't know.

02RSNJ: Do you have any pics of your car that you can post? I'd like to see your midnight black.

#8 ·
akcel: If I do decide to do a different color, I will definitely try and get my engine bay painted as well. The place I'm thinking to take it to, will do the door jams and sills as well.

Does anyone know of any good body shops in the Northern VA area?

#11 · (Edited)
JSaint25: I just put up some scans of my midnight black car. Unfortunately, the blue shine didn't show up. But 02RSNJ is right: when a bright direct light hits it, its is very blue. It's really quite beautiful. In fact, in parking garages, I have almost walked past my car thinking it wasn't mine since it was blue.

http://www.digital-lucidity.com/obsidian/subaru/index.htm

You can kind of see a blue tinge where the sunlight is hitting the front part of the car on this picture:

http://www.digital-lucidity.com/obsidian/subaru/pages/waxed3_jpg.htm

#14 ·
Akcel: It looks like a Ford Focus. Not a bad looking car. I don't like the Japanese character on the front there, though. It looks a little out of place. What is that paint called? Not that I would paint my car that, but I'm curious.

The 22B blue is nice too, but it's a little too light for me.

#19 ·
akcel said:
ford focus? umm try no......peugot 206.......awd.....craziness.....i like it...but im just a guy with taste
akcel said:
and that thing on the front is the coat of arms lion not a japanese character
:run:Excuse my ignorance then. Don't know much about the French cars. That's why I said it looks like a Focus. The only Peugot I've seen is the WRC car. Shoulda known, it's RHD d'oh. :D

Anyway, now I'm think I might either stay BRP or go Steel Blue Mica. Argh. Anyone else with suggestions?

#21 ·
Yes I know it's a 206. :) I guess it's the headlights that threw me off.

I'm probably going to keep it brp I guess.

Now if I was a millionaire, I'd get the forcedairtech twin turbo setup like Kastle with a new clutch, flywheel, tranny, suspension, etc then put Stever's 22B widebody kit on it, get some new rims and then paint it.

But I'm not rich, so I can't.

The blue I really want is something like this. (Sorry, it's a photoshopped WRX done by Avedis on I-Club)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.