Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza RS ASpen W
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to have my car smogged today and despite it passing emissions he told me I failed the vehicle inspection and the function tests. He told me my catalytic converter was tampered with and the fuel cap did not pass psi check. So my car pass emissions but because it's not the factory shitbum Subaru cat it fails? What kind of fucked up bullshit is that? This cat is 50 state legal, clearly the guy didn't give two shits. The OG cat.crapped out on me years ago, that's the only reason I replaced it. And for around the same amount of coin I got a Xccelration/Random Tech cat. I have seen a milion and one jacked up STI's or WRX's Evo's etc... How are all these modifed cars passing? Can anyone direct me to a smog center that will pass me? I refuse to put a stock cat on after I paid five hundred bucks for the one thats on there now and that works as it should I might add. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
The Truth.
2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe
5,390 Posts
Quit being a retard, put the stock cat on, takes a total of 15 minutes to change out, take the car back in and get it smogged. Get a new gas cap, or did you spend $90 on some super fancy gas cap too? :p

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,537 Posts
Do you have the paperwork or CARB sticker showing the cat is CARB-approved? If so, show that to them, and put a new gas cap on, you should be fine.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza RS ASpen W
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OMG555 said:
Quit being a retard, put the stock cat on, takes a total of 15 minutes to change out, take the car back in and get it smogged. Get a new gas cap, or did you spend $90 on some super fancy gas cap too? :p

Dude, quit being an asshole! Who keeps an old cat that no longer works? Maybe a douche like you? And no I did not spend $90 on a gas cap it's the OEM. If you cannot contribute to this thread in a positve way then stay out of it. DICK. :loser:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.