Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i currently own a 1996 impreza 2.2 tht ive been driving for about 3 years but over the last few months ive been having problems with it and have come to the conclusion that this project needs to be put to rest. so ive been lookin for a new car to play with and have been digging thru the internet daily just looking for that car that would work for a project car that is different then neone has round here (civics,integras,240's,wrx's,evos etc...). so in my daily hunt the other day i ran into a car that i instantly thought had potential. I found a white 2003 impreza tl wagon with 77k miles on it for about 9900. Now i have a few ideas that have been going thru my head about what i wanna do with the car and need ur opinions. Feel free to comment on my ideas as well as adding ur own ideas for this project. Just so you know im workin on a very low budget but will have a grand to start with after i purchase the car.

My intential idea for the car was to car carbon fiber everything and just go for looks to start off. i was think a carbon fiber sti or wrx hood , carbon fiber wrx lip kit , carbon fiber mirrors and just go along with the white and carbon fiber theme along with doing some minor performance mods like exhaust and intake.

My second idea which came to me lastnite is to just go all out sleeper on the car and start off with a turbo kit and just build the sickest sleeper wagon.

So once again please chip in with any other ideas or opinions of this project , all ideas are welcome thanxx again and i look forward to hearing ur ideas.

·
Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
2,719 Posts
Come up with a list of wants/needs/uses and we can help you better.

For instance:

5 seats
4 doors
manual
auto-x/track days, etc
Daily driver

Things like that would help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well im just looking for a daily driver that i can have a lil fun with at the same time , i want a car that i can cruise in and catch some eyes , nuthing to xtreme just something differnent.

·
Premium Member
91 LSi w/EJ22T
1,125 Posts
Buy the wagon or something cheaper and build your GC on the side.

·
Registered
99 RS coupe
890 Posts
Well im just looking for a daily driver that i can have a lil fun with at the same time , i want a car that i can cruise in and catch some eyes , nuthing to xtreme just something differnent.
well if you plan on turbocharging it then go with a wrx wagon, it will cost less in the long run. If you want a "fun" DD start looking at struts, springs, wheels, sways, exhaust, intake.. the basic staples.

·
Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
2,719 Posts
Be more specific.

FWD/RWD/AWD
wagon/coupe/sedan
what kind of cargo room
price range
model year range
etc
etc

You're asking a question that has endless answers. Be more specific and we can help out a lot more.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the idea of keepin the gc and buyin a dd but i dnt the gc is worth putting anymore money into i think its seeing its last days

1 - 9 of 9 Posts