Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i need help removing the back tail lights for a 2000 impreza rs. pictue would help but a detailed desciption of how to do will do too. thanks

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
1.Open the trunk, and pop out the little clips that hold the carpet over the back of the lights.

2.Unscrew all the nuts on the back of the lights (five all together). Think they're 8mm.

3. Next, heat the inside of the lights (along the edges of the rectange that is cut out - you can see sealant all over it) with a hairdryer.

4. Pull the lights out. (I find it helps to hammer the 3 bolts on the lights that are closest to the outside edge of the car to help push the light out.)

Try not to get the sealant on anything (It's hard as hell to get out, unless you use "Goof Off!"). And make sure you seal the lights very well when you put them back in - use window sealant.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Thead said:
1.Open the trunk, and pop out the little clips that hold the carpet over the back of the lights.

2.Unscrew all the nuts on the back of the lights (five all together).

3. Next, heat the inside of the lights (along the edges of the rectange that is cut out - you can see sealant all over it) with a hairdryer.

4. Pull the lights out. (I find it helps to hammer the 3 bolts on the lights that are closest to the outside edge of the car to help push the light out.)

Try not to get the sealant on anything (It's hard as hell to get out, unless you use "Goof Off!"). And make sure you seal the lights very well when you put them back in - use window sealant.
what he said! :lol: or try this link http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=44

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks thead, one more ? tho, that piece right under the tail lamp..does that piece also come out cause i can see that parts of the tail lamp attaches to it, am i wrong?

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
j's2.5rs said:
thanks thead, one more ? tho, that piece right under the tail lamp..does that piece also come out cause i can see that parts of the tail lamp attaches to it, am i wrong?
yes, it comes out as well :) It's attatched to the light.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
and i believe you gotta re-attach it back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts