Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Impreza RS 2.5
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a 02 RS. And I do not know what to do to the Suspension? I would like to go lower, give it a good look you know. But I do not know what would be the best to do, and why. It is hot in the summer and it snow all the time in the winter. So Coil-over,Spring, or suspension kit? I drive the car all the time and it does not go off-road.

Thanks for all you help!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
really, a coil over kit is massive overkill for the daily driver
that never does any form of racing or "show"

if a good, firm ride is what you want...

either the SPT(subaru USA) or STi (subaru Japan)
set up is likely the best set up for you...

The above mentioned set ups will only slightly lower the car - on average 1-1.5"... give it a more aggressive stance while reducing body roll, understeer - and making the car more drivable :)

oh.. and if you havent replaced that goofy rear 13mm puny little sway bar... do that first :)

there are adjustables/non adjustables available.
$80-120ish... and ALL of them are better than what you have now!

have fun!
Jamie www.subiegalracing.com

·
Registered
49 Posts
IMO the thing you should absolutely do first, is to get a rear swaybar. this is the single best mod for improving handling, also not that expensive. whiteline makes a nice adjustable swaybar, 18-20-22, sells for around $140

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,273 Posts
I'll give you a very nice credible resourse. You MUST READ though.
http://www.turnfast.com/tech_handling/handling.lasso

If you just want a lower stance like you said, progressive lowering springs will do you good. Why? It'll lower your vehicle, help in performance and will keep you from bottoming out due to the progressively stiffer part of the spring. These are better for street driving than a coilover kit because of the comfort they give compared to coilover kits.

Whiteline lowering springs should be good for you IMO. Unless you're attending/participating in autocrossing events or VERY spirited driving, you shouldn't get a larger rea sway bar yet. It's better to get to know your car before upgrading the rear sway bar. BUT, you can get a larger one and learn from there on. DO FREAK OUT when you spinout because it'll be a blast!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts