Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Shoelace Express (Walking)
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm fixing my cousin's Impreza while I'm down in Zambia. The car was meant to just to sit but people were driving and abusing it. Details on the car: It's a JDM 1996 WRX Impreza, the interior is stock except for gauges and that's it.

Onto the problems.

1st problem. On the passenger's side there's a strange creaking noise like a door opening. It goes on for the whole day even when you're driving. I don't know which part the sound is coming from and it's getting really really irritating now. What is it and what can I do to fix it?

2nd problem. There used to be a Defi boost gauge in the car, but it got disconnected. There's meant to be 3 pins that connect to the gauge but one pin is missing and the second one has some shredded wires. Can I solder the wires or look for new pins?

3rd problem. It rained the other day and I noticed that the roof was leaking around the windshield and leaking into the car. Now I was told that the windsheild got replaced recently and I looked at the top of the windshield from the exterior and I noticed that there's open spaces near the seals. So I thought maybe I should apply some silicon sealant there?

I can't provide pictures now because I'm using my phone to make this thread. Please help

·
Registered
'98 L Coupe
116 Posts
1. isolate the area where the creaking is coming from as best as possible. Then go in there and tighten every bolt, nut, etc that you can find. Test and repeat as needed. Sometimes you cant find it though. (shrug)

2. yes you can. anyone can if they have the skills.

3. yes you should apply silicone to fill in the empty space. water leak through cracks, and empty spaces. if you fill it, then it wont leak anymore.

anything else you need your hand held with?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.