Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Black GC8
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently had this code pop up about a week ago. P0171...says it's running lean, but draining my fuel like crazy. Spark plugs has been changed with NGK copper plugs gapped at .44 and new wires. I'm not sure what else to change.

·
Registered
Green 97 OBS
1,840 Posts
Rear O2? Front O2 is the one controlling fueling, all the rear does is monitor catalyst efficiency. Is the car running well other than the CEL? Or is it stumbling or hesitating?

·
Registered
Black GC8
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car hesitates and dies on start up. I have to rev the engine for a few seconds so it won't die...other than that it runs fine and doesn't stumble, but it runs filthy rich. I'll replace the front 02 sensor and see how it goes and keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
2002 subaru impreza rs,
5 Posts
More often than not, it is a front O2 sensor. You are going through gas so quickly because the car is running open loop all the time and running silly rich.
I have the same code popping up and also have the p0130 code. I'm assuming these too codes are related and by replacing the front O2 sensor or air fuel sensor it should fix that problem as well as the rough idling?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.