Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RSTi - Sedona Red Pearl
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i had a few questions.
I use to be the owner of a 2000 Subaru impreza, but i was involved in an accsident which now my car is totaled. But thats another story for another day.

I plan to buy another one very shortly. Heres the problem i think the 2001 im looking at has been a rally car. Reason i say this is the amount of rock chips, scratches, and rust over the whole car...there is rust in the front right pannel 0.o i have never seen that before.
Basic info about car 2001 Subaru Impreza Rs 2.5 Sedan, BRP Blue, 150k 5 speed. The car looks beat up. Owner said he has never ralled it. Hes owned it sense 08.
Has KYB adjustable front shocks.
Here are my questions

Would this car be ok to buy?
Id like to get it repainted, would it be cheaper if i bought the factory brp paint and gave it to the shop?
Where can i buy the brp paint?

Any other questions please ask.
Im asking these questions because i still not completly familiar with these cars.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most likly it has been beat up, bad idea on getting it or a good project?? Main things that bother me is the rust and id like it to be repainted....

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
Wait till you find one in better condition. Beat up is beat up. The frame will have seen more stress, the whole driveline and all the suspension mounts, etc. Front fender rust is probably due to a previous accident and re-spray.

If it has an interior it hasn't been rallied.

Buying factory paint is a bad idea. Just let the shop color match it (most do great work, I know tri-rivers collision up in Petoskey does a great job (I used to live in P-town)

But I'd probably walk away from a beat-up rustbucket unless it's sub-$2k. You can get a very nice L coupe (in texas, but rust free!) for $2500, and RS bits are pretty cheap.

also, your pic doesn't work, or at least I assume that's what the above post is supposed to be.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea well he wants about 3k for it. The rust has eatten through the right rear quater pannel, there is a few chips and a very very small amout of rust starting on the front left pannel.
It dose have interior, so that must mean its just been poorly taken care of... :(
which means yet another long wait, unless he drops the price....
And for the picture i know, i tryed and failed, that was my bad haha

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,762 Posts
2001 RS with 150k miles for only $3k. That alone kind of tells you it wasn't taken care of and/or it was beat on. I know in my area, a decent 2001 RS with that kind of mileage will go for $5k. Even with a little rust, it'd still go for $5k.

Me personally, I'd go with an L. Mainly cause I hate sunroofs.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha alright thank you for the imput, i also forgot to mention i needs a gas tank, and what not which i have from my other car. Needs a few other things, i wish i could post pictures guys, sorry i dont know how....

·
I kill threads!
3,762 Posts
So the car needs more stuff done to it. Ya, definitely not something I'd buy, unless you can get it for like, $2k or less.

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
dang it haha, i dont have a photobucket, and other than that im not sure how to attach files 0.o
photobucket should be free

if you want to attach them, select "Go Advanced" in the post box, scroll down until you see Attach Files and click on manage attachments. You can upload pics there

·
I kill threads!
3,762 Posts
I use imageshack.us, as it's also free and doesn't need an account. Can't remember if photobucket needs an acct either.

·
Registered
2002, Impreza 2.5RS, PSM
422 Posts
Upload the pics to your Picasa web album, then link it to it, its free if you already have a gmail account!!
Also DONT buy that car, sounds like a bad idea!

·
I kill threads!
3,762 Posts
You can also put the photo on Facebook. Then under your album, open the pic, right-click and copy the link. Then post it here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.