Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· (860)
2001 2.5RSTi Coupe
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so im swapping ecu's, the new ecu im running is from a 99 RS with MAF, ive got all the wiring diagrams and pinouts for that so im all set... NOW... ive got my ecu. its a 96 L 2.2litre sohc with MAF.

does anyone, and i mean anyone! have any clue of the pinouts for this ECU?! ive searched extensively everywhere, i even bought a wiring diagram online but the stupid thing doesnt list the pinouts very well, it just numbers them 1-99.

this is my ECU. somebody please help me. please.

· Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
9,088 Posts
Sell the 99RS ECU and get a 98RS ECU.

It's a direct plug and play, except you'll get a CEL for the EGR system not being present.....unless you have an EGR system that you've not described. You don't list what motor you've gone to or any other reason for swapping the ECU.

The 98RS has 500 more rpm at the top too.....

· (860)
2001 2.5RSTi Coupe
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well...the only reason im using this ecu is because i havent swapped the motor. im still using a 2.2litre. however, what i did do was swap the entire dash/gauge cluster, etc... so im going from a cable driven speedo, to a signal recieved from the ecu which my last ecu did not provide. also....i swapped from the 4eat to a 5mt, this new ecu fits my current vehicle description. 2.2 with a 5mt and MAF.

really, i dont mind doing the wiring. as long as i can get the pinouts for my old ecu. so i know what the hell it is im looking for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.