Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
MY00 Alpine White RS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RS is acting really baddly today. It is fine when your are just cruisen around but as soon as dip into it to say get onto the highway or whatever it starts to spit and sputter something awful. The plugs are less then 6 months old and the only thing that I did not change at the time that I changed the plugs are the wires. It pulls through first ok but it hesitates really bad in second, third, and fourth. and then is fine once it is in fifth. somebody help me out please........

Rubasu

p.s. for those of you that puruse the other board I posted over there also because I am just looking for any kind of help.....

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,605 Posts
jz oo7 had similar problem last time. could be the injectors. I think he had spark plugs and injectors and coil pack replaced.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
iBlueVirus said:
jz oo7 had similar problem last time. could be the injectors. I think he had spark plugs and injectors and coil pack replaced.
i had similar problems. i took my car back to the dealer and they replaced my coil pack. for me, coil pack for #1 was grounded itself, and was causing sparks. it was sorta corroded. check your coil pack, and start your car with the hood open in a dark area, stand clear of the coil pack too. if you see sparks coming out, you know your problem.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Pull the wires from your coil pack and check each terminal for corrosion. Also check them for burn through / arcing. Will look like a little burnt pin hole.

Pull the wires from your sparkplugs and also check them for burn through / arcing. Make sure that when you put them back on you get a definite snap from them. Gotta make good contact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts