Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i need to track one down ASAP (if anyone in central ohio sees this and has some ideas that would be swell) but really what im hoping to find out is if any of the other 4.11 R160s had LSDs? i found one out of a legacy that i can get delivered quick, seems like 00-01 legacys and foresters are popping up as parts search matches.

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so far im basically going on this....
All 02-05 WRX with automatic transmissions have a 4.11 ratio rear LSD differential. you can use this with any 98-01 Impreza 2.5RS with manual transmissions. alternatively you can get a diff from an 00-01 Impreza 2.5RS or 97-99 Legacy 2.5GT (only manual transmission on those) to guarantee an LSD

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
shiit. my bad. i can't read. saw the FD part and viscous and didn't read the part about it being the center diff type. :bonk:

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
yeah..rear would seem to be a more important thing to know. to me anyways.

·
Registered
2002 OBS / 2008 FXT
387 Posts
^ wow, good info in there, thanks

crap, legacy is like a crap shoot of viscous/open. think ill try for a WRX auto diff.. thanks!
Yeah, I think a lot of the time if the car had the "cold weather package" it came with the LSD. So, there's a good chance that if the car had heated seats, it's got an LSD (not always the case though, especially with the earlier stuff)

cars101.com should also help you identify possible donor candidates.

·
Registered
2002 OBS / 2008 FXT
387 Posts
If you haven't already, search car-part.com you'll want to search "carrier" and look for the word "locking" in the listing. Some LSDs are not listed as locking, but if it says "locking" and is 4.11, you've got a match.

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
Dude, it's ok if you don't have the stupid VLSD. You can't even feel it on the pavement. Save money for a real LSD. The world isn't coming to an end if you don't have a VLSD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts