Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

need help quick!

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  scoobyrs25 
#1 ·
I disconnected my battery so I could clean the terminals. and now that I reconnected it, lights wont stop flashing. When I say lights they are like hazard lights, plus interior lights. They will flash about 5 times, then stop, then start again. THey do not flash when im driving, but they flash when the car is off and the key is out. I have a 1998 subaru outback legacy wagon.

#2 ·
Hit your remote and it will stop. If you have (or had) an alarm it would be going off too. My guess is you just have keyless entry. It's there so that if you have an alarm and someone gets to disconnect the battery and reconnect it the alarm goes off and locks out the starter. Pressing any button on the fob resets it.

#6 ·
Unless I am mistaken, that's your alarm going off. You either need a remote to dis-arm it, or put the key in the car, then there is a little button on the edge of the dash to the left of the steering wheel which you hold in and then turn the key on.

If that was not it, please post what it was for everyone else! :D

#14 ·
I didn't know I actually had a factory alarm.

I didn't know I actually had a little black button to disarm it under my dashboard.

That is, at least, until my car wouldn't start last night and gave me the "hazard light show". Today I see the little button, come on here to find out what it does, and BAM... find out that it disables the security system. Awecome. Go rs25.com!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.