Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m building a kit car and as part of the build i’m rebuilding my ej25. i’m relatively new to Subarus so i’m trying to find some help picking out parts. I’m trying to be able to comfortably make 400hp to the wheels. i’m already replacing all of the gaskets, bearings, and hoses. If anybody has any advice on what i should put in this engine it would be greatly appreciated. i don’t really have a budget but i don’t want to spend crazy amount of money. Thank you everybody!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
'they' say "some people have made well over 500-600hp on the stock engines", but in the same sentence they say they aren't road racing them, they're drag cars.

build it right, or build it twice....or 9 times...don't ask. if you're gonna build the motor, build it.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
974 Posts
Some dude has been making serious power on an unopened 257 for a while now.
Technically, he has TGV deletes and an aftermarket oil pickup and baffle, but that's as close to 'built' as his engine gets, which is really not built at all. Just all the supporting mods and a good tune. Also, I'm pretty sure he doesn't daily it, but moral of the story is you should be golden.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
974 Posts
If it's already apart it's very easy. Look at the tops of the cylinders, and note how much material connects the cylinders to the block.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Product Motor vehicle Font

This pic labels it 'semi open' which seems more accurate to me anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts