Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Subura 2.5 RS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello! I'm new here, just bought the car I been wanting for sometime now, 2.5 RS, and wanted to put a exhaust on it. Do any of you have any to recomend. I saw some N1 and DTM exhaust for cheap on ebay, thinking of using borla headers and derestricting my cat converter with a aftermarket exhaust.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Welcome to the club!

If you're gonna look for an exhaust system, a lot of people have gave the thumbs up for the Stromung system, but I have heard of rust issues (even though it's stainless steel). It has an awesome sound.

I have the full 2.25" MRT exhaust system (header/highflow cat/midpipe & resonator/muffler) which will cost about the same as some catback exhaust systems. The MRT is treated mild steel, not stainless steel like the others. It's quiet at first, but after a few weeks it will wake up and sound a lot better. Power is not bad at all, too.

Both of these comes with a choice of single or dual tipped mufflers... that means "stealth." The cops won't think twice to pull you over, unless you stand out from the crowd.

By the way, gutting out the stock cats will kill your low-end torque. A buddy of mine did that and his car feels like a honda.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I have the Stromung on mine. Kickin_81 may be on to something though. I have noticed the piping on mine oxidizing, not rusting. The can and the welds on the can are fine but, like I said, the pipes are not shinny. I personally don’t give a shit. The sound is killer. If I did it all over I would just get a single baffle Flow Master and have an exhaust shop bend me up a CAT back system. We drove with a guy who had that on his with the Borla header recently, Charles I think, and it sounded pretty good. The performance and sound are more or less the same for a shit load less bread.

Good luck!

L8R

J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts