Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 RS coupe
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my rs grenaded this weekend and i'm pulling the motor. got all of the bolts holding the block to the tranny out including the two stud type at the bottom but it still won't budge. what am i missing?

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
IIRC, there should be 6 bolts and 2 studs. Remove the starter if its a 5MT. Use a putty knife and a hammer and tap lightly all around the edge. This takes time, and it probably the worst part of pulling the motor. Once you get the putty knife all around, try using something slightly larger, like the end of a flathead screwdriver. Once you get that in, use a crowbar. Just keep working at it, take your time and be careful not to damage the edge too much (some small scratches/marks are expected). It'll come apart. Where are you located?

:sunny:

·
Registered
99 RS coupe
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Parker, CO just outside Denver. its a 99 rs. I have the bolts and studs out and am going to try ur suggestion now. thanx for the tip. I,ve never had an enginge hold on so tight!

·
Registered
99 RS coupe
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right on dude! Got it outta there no prob. Everything in my heads is good, gonna pick up the sti short block tommorow, upgrading the valvetrain and slappin it back together.:banana:

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
I'm in Parker, CO just outside Denver. its a 99 rs. I have the bolts and studs out and am going to try ur suggestion now. thanx for the tip. I,ve never had an enginge hold on so tight!
Right on dude! Got it outta there no prob. Everything in my heads is good, gonna pick up the sti short block tommorow, upgrading the valvetrain and slappin it back together.:banana:
Very nice. Congrats :)

·
Registered
99 RS coupe
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry man no pics. its my daily driver so i'm just bustin a$$ to get it done. it looks just the same as any other. thnx again man!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts