Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could really use some figuring out what this plug under the dash goes to. The car is a 96 Impreza Brighton coupe with a 2.2 dropped in. I got the project from a friend and have been trying to get it running. I know the blue and black plugs run to the back of the car for fuel pump. Is this something fuel related also, like a module? I've done a lot of reading and haven't found anything useful, also forgive if this is a dumb question, it's my first Subaru 馃檭

Motor vehicle Trunk Electrical wiring Automotive tire Hood

Tire Automotive tire Wood Automotive lighting Finger

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First generation imprezas dont have a fuel module, it鈥檚 just the fuel pump relay and the pump itself. Do you know if the entire harness was swapped from a newer car? That could be the power door harness, I know the passenger side has the two rear harnesses, door harness, and a smaller harness on the RS that powers the sunroof and dome lights. I would check one of my cars but Im currently on vacation.
As far as I know the harness is the original from the car. Dash and interior had never been pulled prior.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you zoom in you can tell there are only 10 pins to it. The others are blanks, I thought the same thing when I saw it. But id agree with Silverton that its the Canadian DRL module.
So either way it's not a part of my issue causing it to not run unfortunately. I appreciate all the help and knowledge everyone's given

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Crank but no start? start with basics check for air, fuel, and spark. Then work back from there.
So I know the maf is good, getting air fine. For the fuel I've confirmed the pump works when directly connected to the battery but not when I have everything hooked and I try to prime with the ignition. Tested the relay and it's good as well.
Spark I've put on good, working crank and cam shaft sensors, cleaned up all the ground connections, ignition coil is good and getting power, but I get still get nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts