Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1999, Impreza RS coupe
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys here is my dilemma,

I have the opportunity to get The Prodrive Wr suspension as well as the sti V6 suspension with relatively low mileage...

However my problem is the price:
Basically if i get the WR, i would not be able to upgrade the top mounts to group n ones, and get my fender braces.
Although it IS rebuild able and could end up saving me some cash in the long run.

But with the V6 setup i will have some extra cash to buy other things (such as the ones above) and come out a tad cheaper.

Now i know that the majority if not all will say go for the WR's but would the V6 be a good and proper compromise with all the added bits?

thanks

· Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,505 Posts
The WRs don't have spring rates high enough to really receive any benefit from stiffer top mounts.

I really wouldn't mess with stiffer top mounts until you get north of 250lb spring rates.

You won't really find better dampers than those Bilsteins for the $$ though...unless you decided to build up a Koni setup...

-- Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.