Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Need help ASAP, Stereo/Alarm

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Impreziv 2.5 
#1 ·
i just put in my new stereo today, but after i reconnected the battery the car wont start and the alarm light and dash lights are blinking on and off. i figure the alarm is run through the stereo or something. but i dont know how to fix it i need your help. i dont ahve the keyless entree things right now the battery's are dead, do i need them to get it to disable the alarm.

#3 ·
i dont know what you mean by my. i simple spliced into the wires and re did them so that my cd player was connected. i did nothing different then a normal install. has anyone else had this problem, is the stock deck connected to the alarm and taking it out caused my alarm to freak out.

#5 ·
The deck isn't connected to the alarm at all. Look under your dash, you should have a button there, hold that in and put your key in the ignition and turn it to the on position. That should disable the alarm, by default after disconnecting the battery the security system is armed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.