Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I just put on my coilovers yesterday and wanted to put my 04' bbs on. They're 17X7.5 with 225/45/17. I see so many impreza's running these and I'm unsure why I'm unable. They're rubbing on my coilovers on the rear. I almost blew one tire on a ramp cause the coilover shaved off the inner sidewall of the tire. How do people fit these? Spacers? I even have camber plates but I don't think I'll be able to clear the coilovers still! Please help!

Rick

·
Premium Member
2001 2.5RS-T BRP
575 Posts
You should be able to get enough clearance with the camber plates but you'll need camber bolts too. You use the bolts to get the wheel away from the shock and then use the plate to properly set the camber. It's best to have at least 5mm from the tire to the shock.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
425 Posts
camber plates wont do anything in this situation. you are going to need camber bolts to add some positive camber so you can get more clearance between strut and shock.

what type of coilovers? is it touching the threaded body or the collars?

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They're RCE Tarmac 2s and it rubbed on where the spring and the spring seat meet. I guess camber bolts would be what I need. I just pulled the hub as far forward as possible and bolted it down (which then gave me a lot of positive camber) and then I put the camber plates as far negative as they would allow me (Which I learned that the rear struts are in the most obscure place and it's a real PITA to play with the camber plates). No rubbing on the coilover anymore at least. But, I don't know, I guess that cold be a temporary fix. The alignment is kind of screwed up now though, so I definitely need an alignment after I put on the whiteline roll center kit and ALK. but should I get camber bolts then before I get an alignment? would that give my wheels a more natural stance and allow me to use the camber plates more efficiently? If I need them, where should I get camber bolts?

Oh and the tires were some older type of falken azenis. Not the 615's. I need to change them anyway. The rears are making a lot of noise in the back, they've got pretty bad camber wear from the previous owner.

·
Premium Member
2001 2.5RS-T BRP
575 Posts
No the T2's are slotted so you don't need the bolts. The collar should be above the tire. You must either have the car sitting really low or your camber plates are adding ride height to the rear and you are having to compensate by turning the spring perch down. You may need to get shorter springs. Do you know what springs are on there now?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts