Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I just bought a 06 legacy gt that has had the motor swapped to a 2.0 he says he used the 2.5 flywheel with a stage 2 competition clutch the only issue is it doesn't feel like a stage 2 I have to pump the clutch on hills to get any torque and it feels like a boat I think it needs a new one but what should I use since the motor has been swapped any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's a spec b idk if that changes anything on the 5 speeds though clutch wise. the whole time I've had it the torque hasn't been there and it doesn't feel like a Subaru its slower than my na 02 2.5 rs due to what I think is the clutch

·
Registered
307 Posts
Have you tried bleeding the clutch? Clutches don't go bad that easily unless they are beat on. They can usually last over 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you tried bleeding the clutch? Clutches don't go bad that easily unless they are beat on. They can usually last over 100,000 miles.
Yea if you have a pump a new-is clutch, bleed it to start, make sure the slave isn't leaking etc. You may not need a new clutch unless properly diagnosed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The slave is fine that would only help it into gear the car after in gear will slowly get up I have to push the clutch in and out on hills so rpms don't drop in first gear to get going then once it gets going it struggles to get up only from a stop

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,506 Posts
You can adjust the clutch engagement point a bit, if you adjust the clutch master's rod.

This video is of a BRZ, but it's the same thing for an LGT or RS or STI or pretty much any hydraulically actuated Subaru clutch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can adjust the clutch engagement point a bit, if you adjust the clutch master's rod.

This video is of a BRZ, but it's the same thing for an LGT or RS or STI or pretty much any hydraulically actuated Subaru clutch.
Thanks I'll give it a look

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,506 Posts
forgot to attach the video. DOH!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts