Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2001 RS-T & 1998 OBS
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK i have a 2001 RS-T that is tuned.

I have laying around a "JDM STI Spec C TGV-less Manifold" Its my friends and he asked me to buy it or sell it for him while he is in IRAQ. My price is Damn GOOD lets say less then half with 2k miles on it :D (he totaled his car and bought a evo)

Now what i need to know is the pros and cons of this manifold with my phase II rs motor.

1. will it bolt up?
2. will i need to re-tune? also can it run on the old tune?
3. since it is will not have TGV anymore will i benifit more?

please lmk asap i hvae a buyer wanting to buy it tomorrow thats why

· Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
3,814 Posts
no the rs does not have TGVs.....you will not benefit much from this manifold...if any to be completely honest....

one big plus on the other hand is you will be able to run WRX injectors(with the adaptor plates)
i do have a HUGE favor to ask of you though could u compare the injector holes (where the tips of the injectors go into the manifold) as well as the mounting bolt holes(where the two bolts hold the rails (on the rs), or the adaptor plate(on pictured manifold) to the holes on your RS manifold and tell me if they appear to be the same

if you do this i will love u forever......seriously.....i may even paypal u some dollars to go buy yourself some beer

· Registered
2001 RS-T & 1998 OBS
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'll take a pic of the block and mani fold here in a few... the rs ones tho that might be awhile since i'm not sure it will work and if it does then it will be done very soon.....

1 thing i will benefit from doing this besides the bling bling will be that i will get more airflow onto my TMIC b/c the manifold will move everything closer to the front of my car and which will put the TMIC directly under my hood scoop verse it only being half way under it now. oh and also will work better when i go FMIC.

performance wise i will get probably nothing out of it tho.

· Registered
2001 RS-T & 1998 OBS
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no the rs does not have TGVs.....you will not benefit much from this manifold...if any to be completely honest....

one big plus on the other hand is you will be able to run WRX injectors(with the adaptor plates)
i do have a HUGE favor to ask of you though could u compare the injector holes (where the tips of the injectors go into the manifold) as well as the mounting bolt holes(where the two bolts hold the rails (on the rs), or the adaptor plate(on pictured manifold) to the holes on your RS manifold and tell me if they appear to be the same

if you do this i will love u forever......seriously.....i may even paypal u some dollars to go buy yourself some beer

· Registered
2001 RS-T & 1998 OBS
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok i found my awnser. its a yes and no. it will bolt up but there will be alot of work requried to make it fit. exp: coil pack, throttle body cables, tb pully will hit the mani, ect. i would need to fab some stuff up to make it work. so i sold it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.