Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got myself a KAAZ front LSD being shipped to me and I think this may be a bit too big of a project to handle in my garage. I called Suby Specialties, but they wanted a ridiculous amount of $$$ for installation labor, so I need to look elsewhere.

Does anybody know of a good, competent install shop that will put this LSD in my WRX for a good price? I'd rather have it done somewhere around the SFV, but if the price is right and the work is good, I don't mind driving a bit.

Thanks for your help,
Paul

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs-T
391 Posts
I went to speedfactory and got my act clutch installed pretty cheap. Can't say how much but it was under 301 and it was more than 299. I'll let you do the math. I used to work at ISR, now ******* subaru and they wanted 480 same with specialties.

They're in City of industry/Nogales 626-810-8100 talks to James, that's Benny's Krazyman's older brother. Just let him know your from I-club and he'll help you out.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Well we( Suby Specialties) might be asking alot but Steve is one of the most experianced Subaru trans guys you can find in the US. There is alot of stuff you can screw up by improperly installing a LSD. Atleast PLEASE don't go to anyone that hasn't done a Subaru trans before or you will be calling us to fix the other guys fuck up. Also remember putting a clutch in is totally different than pulling your whole trans apart to put in a LSD.

Sean

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sean, don't get me wrong, I'd love to get my LSD installed at Suby Specialties but it's more money than I have right now.

I have yet to find any other place that I can really trust, so I might have to save up, wait a little bit, and get it done right. Maybe I will end up there (it does sound like the safest way)...

If I can sell my stuff, I might afford it in the near future. We'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs-T
391 Posts
TMRRALLY said:
Well we( Suby Specialties) might be asking alot but Steve is one of the most experianced Subaru trans guys you can find in the US. There is alot of stuff you can screw up by improperly installing a LSD. Atleast PLEASE don't go to anyone that hasn't done a Subaru trans before or you will be calling us to fix the other guys fuck up. Also remember putting a clutch in is totally different than pulling your whole trans apart to put in a LSD.

Sean
Have to agree with Sean there. I remember when I was working at ISR their was a lot of crap we would get from customer getting their shit installed at this one shop cheap, breaks down then we have to fix someone else's mistake while the customer ends up paying for both.

Speedfactory is a great shop, I'll have to give the credit cause they did a kick ass job on my car when the installed my clutch. There was all kinds of stuff the had to take of to get to it(my turbo). Car works great no probs. But Suby Specialties is a great shop, definitly get what you pay for!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts