Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
02 Impreza T.S.
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 RS sedan and with tax season upon us it is time to get to all the work I have been putting off. This includes getting a new catalytic converter.

Anyone know where I can get a good stainless one?? Anything under $500 works since I work at a big mechanic shop and all of my parts distributors told me around $525-550 for MY COST:facepalm: (which is usually significantly lower than a normal walk-in customer).

The catch is that it has to be California emissions.......

Already tried Autopartswarehouse, SummitRacing and RockAuto.

Anyone got any good ones they know about??:help:

And yes, I am aware there is a 2 cat pipe assembly and thats why its so expensive.

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,172 Posts
I'd check the classifieds on here, a lot of people get rid of them when they upgrade there exhaust.

·
Registered
02 Impreza T.S.
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm looking for a NEW, STAINLESS catalytic converter...not a used OEM one.

Unless thats what you meant, I will keep my eyes on the classifieds though

·
Registered
02 Impreza T.S.
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Their website isnt listing anything for my car. Maybe my phones just being stupid. Can you post a direct link??

Posted from Rs25.com App for Android

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
oh i thought you were looking for just stainless to make one which both those sites have the parts. if your looking for a good downpipe/catpipe be ready to pay for it for a fabricated one. all stainless corrodes too.

·
Registered
02 Impreza T.S.
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have stainless UEL headers and yes i know it corrodes over time but not as fast as normal steel. All i need is the catpipe section

·
Registered
02 Impreza T.S.
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have found stainless catpipes but not california legal. Theres gotta be ones out there...and like i said $500 is fine, thats what a normal california emissions one is gonna cost me at my shop anyway

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe Silverthorn 5spd
565 Posts
^i dont think the Tsudo is CARB approved.

Is building your own cat section possible with CARB cats?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
the tsudo is definately not carb approved or they wouldnt be supplying the cel elimnator. i think cali has the issue of a sniff test too. if thats the cast the cel elminator wont solve anyhting other then a cel coming on and he will still fail emissions.

you can build anything you want with a carb approved cat. personally i like performance so i would do a high flow car and swap it out for emissions when you need to take it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts