Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a Version 6 wing and it doesnt have a brakelight and i need to know where i can get one or if someone has one that will fit...If you know if the stock brakelight from the stock wing will fit let me know thanks

DAVE

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
really? where did you buy the spoiler from?

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
I'm trying to see if the OEM spoiler LED will fit onto the Ver. 5/6 wing right now. I wanted an LED that's clear but lights red (like the OEM WRX wing). I have to measure it out tomorrow when I see my friend with one. If it fits you could get one of those, or I'll sell you the red one that's on my spoiler right now. Will let you know though.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it from a motorsport company on Ebay but it is an Authentic STi wing from Japan and i forgot to mention that I have a 2001 RS Sedan with the Sedan wing not the coupe wing.

Doorknob: if that works out that would be great if you know for sure if the brakelights are the same size from the V5 to the V6.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
I have the Version 6 wing for a year and a half now. Mine was from Revolution Motorsports for $320 + shipping. It came with clear LED's that lighted up red. My spoiler is a replica.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone know the website to Revolution motorsports?
or have a phone #

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about a brakelight from a V5 replica? If that fits the V6 then it should be easy enough to find one cuz lots of places have V5's.

Also does anyone know places that sell authentic STi parts...if they sell V6 wings then i could probably get just a brakelight for it.

Hey Doorknob just wondering if you found anything out yet?

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
Nothing yet, the usual meets that we have on fridays night seemed to fall through for some reason. I posted it up on I-club, but no one there seems to want to go out and do some measuring for me, damn lazy bastards. Hopefully monday, assuming that meet doesn't fall through either.

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
Hey, I finally got to measure out the size of the oem wrx spoiler led. I looks like it's the same size as the stock rs led (16" long). I measured the ver. 5 spoiler led that I have and it's 1/2" shorter at 15.5". It looks like the 16" could be made to fit with a little work with the dremel though. I think it'd be easier to just find a dealer that can sell a 15.5" part.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info Doorknob...as soon as i get my Version6 wing from the guy i bought it from i will measure mine to see if its the same as the V5 replica. If so then i will just search around the many vendors that have them and see if they will sell me just the brakelight. I called the Subaru dealer and they want $220 just for a stock brakelight:curse: and thats out of the question cuz i didnt even pay that much for the wing!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I called Revolution motorsports and they sold me a brakelight for the wing for 40bucks...its not clear. Its not a perfect fit but it fits completely inside the brakelight slot...its just not a flush fit...im going to have a body shop work on it...Primative also has brakelights for sale for about the same price.

·
Registered
01 Steel Blue Mica RSTi
34 Posts
My experience with both replica and JDM parts is this. I'm not sure if a company that manufactures replica wings will have a LED brakelight that will fit directly with a JDM wing. I've owned a replica wing and the brakelight was of different shape and size than the brakelight on my JDM Ver. 6 wing. You can try, but you might not get an exact fit.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got my brakelight from revolution motorsports...they had a selection of different sizes and the one they sent me all four screw holes lined up...its red though which i wanted, i didnt want clear

1 - 18 of 18 Posts