Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas I need some help from you Portland guys. Actually it is my buddy who needs some help. He just moved to Portland from Pittsburgh and is looking around for a good bicycle. If any of yinz have any used bikes or know someone who does let me know. My buddy can meet you. Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
1993 Legacy Turbo Wagon
746 Posts
How good of a bike? A fellow member and a close friend of mine is selling his: Ellsworth joker 6 inch travel. Marzochi z1 Light fork. Pushed fox rear shock. Custom built atom lab wheels. Shimano components. All high end parts.
He's asking 2400.

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He pretty much told me something to get around town. That sounds like a helluva bike!

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's not too serious about biking yet but I have a feeling with him living in Portland now he is going to love biking in the near future.

·
Registered
1993 Legacy Turbo Wagon
746 Posts
I totally would get a bicycle or a motorcycle here but it rains waaay too much, so i would be able to ride only a few months during the year. :p
Craigslist should be able to turn up a plethora of purple huffys tho, heh.

john

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I totally would get a bicycle or a motorcycle here but it rains waaay too much, so i would be able to ride only a few months during the year. :p

john
Yeah he tried telling me that Pittsburgh gets more rain than Portland:screwy:.

I told him that I would help him look around since I have a lot of time on my hands here at work. I'm on craigslist right now BTW lol. Thanks Shinji

·
Registered
96/99/07 lightning red
508 Posts
I have a Giant Trance x2 that i am trying to get rid of. ive been trying to get rid of it for $1800. its only a couple months old and ive never taken it up to the mountains. i bought it in hopes that my friends would follow through on buying one also. we had planned to go mt. biking this summer but that never happend :(. i bought some bigger grippier pedals, put a better butt frinendly seat on it too.

willing to negotiate with the price.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts

john
I have both, and I get enough riding in, and there are some days during the fall and winter when it's just a little cold, but dry, and that's not bad to bike in, you just wear a jacket and you warm up.

Anyways, there is also Goodwill besides the newspaper and Cragslist, should be able to find a bike for cheap there. I got my bikes at the Salem Seized and Surplus sale, picked up 3 mountain bikes for $30 total (that's the catch at the surplus and seized thing, they only sell bikes in lots, not singly). Needed some work, but nothing more than a few new cables and brakes, so I have a Mongoose dual suspension, the wife has a Roadmaster solid frame, and I brought the third bike, a Next dual suspension bike, to work to ride on lunch breaks.

http://www.oregonsurplus.com/ They even have an ebay store!

And if he's looking for something newer, Wal-Mart sells those next dual suspension bikes for about $100 brand new, so there's another option. Just tell him to look at Wal-Mart, Target, Sears, wherever, it's not too tough to find an inexpensive new bike, and even easier to find a cheap used bike.

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He just got one not too long ago. Some guy on NASIOC recommended this one particular bike shop in Portland that I guess is pretty famous. I can't remember the name of it though. I want to come up there bad. My buddy said it's awesome in Portland. Thanks for looking out man!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts