Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that could give me a by for my exhaust? I talked to a service station guy who said most of the cars with aftermarket exhausts fail inspections . . . any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
99 2.5rs black dimond pearl
406 Posts
I have a stromung exhaust and rallispec intake w/ S-AFC. and I passed.

The guy who drove my car liked subarus.

Anthony C

·
Registered
14 Posts
Years ago I went to the one in Glen Burnie and they passed my blown GS-R. You might want to give them a shot. That or we can work out a loan for my stock exhaust that I have. I will want it back though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As it turns out, I took the car to a shop that would pass my exhaust, however, they wouldn't pass my suspension!!:mad: :curse:

So, I ended up buying a stock suspension from a wrecking yard, swapped it in, got the inspection cleared, and then replaced the suspension again . . . :eek: :(

It was the worst two day experience, lemme tell ya . . .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Damn man what a PITA! I guess its a good thing my car is staying registered up in Rochester NY. I can avoid all the BS with Maryland.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a good thing you did, cause MD's tightening up on emissions too:run: A friend of mine just had his stock civic ex emissions tested the other day. They don't do the sniffer test anymore on the OBD-2 compliant cars. Instead, they plug in a computer and read whether you've had a CE light in the past month or so . . . if you did, I think you fail:(

Thank goodness my car is OBD-1 . . . I get the sniffer . . . at only idle since they can never get those awd dynos to work:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thats really funny having to buy the stock suspension.That gas station guy must have it in for you.I couldn't tell you how many guys tell me there car was so low they exempted them from the test because they were afraid of damaging the car driving over the dyno machine.You should of taken it in let it fail then tried to fix it. Besides they have a 450.00 limit on repairs maybe the guy at the gas station could of bumped the repairs up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I hope to get exempted from the emissions test later on, because my cars so low.

But you guys with OBD2 will be screwed in MD. My friend just got his emissions test done. They didn't even put him on the rollers!! They just hooked up the ecu to a diagnostic computer and read all of the data off his computer!! Apparently, if you have a CE light documented within the past month (the ecu keeps a record of lights EVEN with a reset), you fail.:curse:

Good thing I don't have to deal with that crap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts