Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
05 LGT limited
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ex-Speedvision sucks ass! They should call it the Nascar dumb-ass redneck hillbilly Joe Bob network.

·
Registered
238 Posts
It's gonna be bad this week because of Daytona. It should be a little better when F1 kicks off and WRC coverage comes back.

·
Wiring Guru
01 RS, 97 Ducati
355 Posts
Quit bitching man. Yes NASCAR really sucks and is for rednecks. Gut the new WRC format is awsome. What did we get last season? 1 thats right one hour of footage now we get 4.5 hours. I can't complain about the arenacross coverage either.

Z

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
b_tapper, no offense to you, if you really do like it, but what's to like? Anybody can drive real fast in a circle! :boring: They call it stock car racing but the cars are anything but!! :stupid: They all have motors that are not available as a "stock" option; the same goes for the rest of :curse: parts on the car. Hell, they don't even use the same body! They take a fiberglass shell and cover it with redneck stickers and headlight decals! Plus, all the cars are rear drive while the models available for pretentious hicks to purchase have all turned to front drive!! Where is the pleasure in viewing that kind of hypocracy? If they wanted to make it the least bit appealing to the rest of the civilized world, they would get rid of the present so-called stock cars and change the s and the c to sport compact. Then they could race the chevy crapalier, the dodge peon and the ford chokus. The cars would have to be "american" so they can look good in a race while the street version, which the public will be deceived into thinking is just as good, will be plagued with problems with no actual solutions. But here's the catch-if it's on the race version, it has to be an option on the street version. And they would have to race on real tracks, not some glorified circle! Wow, I'm about out of breath now but I feel a lot better!

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
b_tapper said:
so if i say i like nascar racing, i'll be banned? heh

u drive a 02 RS AND u like NASCAR!!?? ur banned!!!!!!

hahaha, j/p i really like nascar
but rallying is better!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes I'm dissapointed also, but I only watched WRC, F1 and other "real" races:biggest: , so as long as they don't stop showing them, I'm not complaining.:)

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
"Doesn't that guy ever BLINK?!"
:lol:

"Hi, I read off scripted material that is not useful and makes you want to hit mute!"

I would have, but I like to hear the pugeot engines! ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
the thing that sucks with speedchannel now is that they play sooo much nascar stuff continuously, they used to mix in some other stuff here and there, but now it's sometimes 5 continuous hours of nascar shows. I'm all for diversity, but sometimes it's a bit overload.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Just wait a minute. This weekend they have great coverage of the Daytona 200. all the way til Tuesday where they replay every race, and have more coverage of it all day.

I finally can turn on that channel, and not get another Nascar recap. God, how many different angles of every g-d left turn can you show. The last time I turned it on they were discussing how even the cars were. Riviting conversation about the rules on gauge size, and placement being equal. Who the hell cares?

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
I'll jump in here

I'm REALLY disgusted with the turn the programming took after the sellout...I mean buyout....I mean merger. If they had any fucking brains at all, they'd split the channel off into another channel all nascar all the time. Not just to preserve the quality of programming that Speedvision HAD, but to fulfill the nascar fans hunger for yet another view of that car turning left and brushing the wall.

They had Ray Evernham on one of the (bazillion) talk shows covering nascar and the drivers nearly shit their pants when he suggested the cars were way too dependant on aero packages and that he'd love to see a common body and less chassis/engine rules. He even went so far as to say he'd like to see them run with no wings! I thought Kenny Schreader was gonna have a heart attack! I laughed my ASS off....then turned the channel.

Have many others been writing SPEED channel to voice their opinion now that the switch has been made?

The bullshit of extended WRC and F1 coverage is just that...bullshit. Yeah there's more rally coverage...they keep showing the same highlights every day until even the most devoted fans get bored. The commentator is not nearly as good as last year. The truly shallow attempts at ad-lib just doesn't fit. Keep it simple and direct. Don't disrespect the dicipline by joking about the lack of blinking when that one blink could mean picking your sorry ass out of a pile of trees.

Guess I'm not the only one to notice the new logo...Oh boy...a V8 revving as the parts come together into a speed channel logo. MIght as well just say "Hi...I'm Titus....and I live my life to serve the needs of the most greedy organization this side of the government....NASCAR!

phew...my fingers are tired (both of 'em)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts