1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please note our office number has changed, it is:

480-233-7678

Hi All,

It’s time to get back to the track; things will be cooling off soon. Our next NASA-AZ event will be on September 21 & 22 at Firebird East Raceway. We will be hosting the Arizona Region of PCA’s drivers education program as well as running our HPDE 1-4 groups. In addition to the HPDE groups we will have two race groups racing each day. Race Group 1 will feature the new 944-SPEC Racing Series, this will be rounds one and two of the new points season. We expect to have around a dozen cars running in this class alone. Race Group 2 will feature Super Unlimited and our Pro Sedan cars. To ensure a spot on the grid please preregister online for this event at: www.nasaproracing.com.

Click Here to Register

Pre-Registration discount ends September 15.

Drivers Ed./Open Track: All HPDE groups 1-4 will be running, the cost per day is $119 or $209 for two days. If you preregister the cost is $109 and $199 respectively. We expect this event to sell out, please register in advance online! For information pertaining to the PCA Drivers Ed, please go to http://www.pca.org/az

Race Groups: All racers are welcome. The cost will be $139 per day or $229 for both days. If you preregister the cost is $119 and $219 respectively. We expect this event to sell out, please register in advance online!

NEW! Time Trial Challenge: New at this event will be our Time Trial Challenge Series for all HPDE 4 drivers. The cost to enter is $30 per driver which covers the cost of transponder rental. HPDE 4 drivers will get their normal track time but at the end of the day we conduct a time trial, which will be a first in our Fall/Spring series. For more information on this event please email Dan Webb at [email protected]. This is a great way to start competing without having to build a racecar!

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
so, who's going? it's next week. i'm in northern cali., so i won't be going.

jz

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
so, how was it? it was this past weekend.

jz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How was it?

It was a BLAST. This was my 3rd NASA event and the first one I have been to since attending PROFORMANCE Racing school in Seattle. I ran with the HPDE 3 group untill I was sidelined by a tire belt seperation (thumpathump) My 2.5 is down on power compared to the M cars and such. I gave all wanting to pass the oppertunity to do so. I had no complants by those passing me. A good time was had by all. I bought some new Kum- ho sports to replace the St-117's I had. I knew prior to the event that I would have to replace my tires soon. Earlier in the week I brought my car in for a alignment check (pulling slightly right) and the expert opinion was a tire problem of undetermined nature. No damage to car. I will return for the Oct 26-27 NASA event @ Firebird. Unfortunately I will still be down on power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts