Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Brighton, 4x4
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a thread where you can post pictures of parts on your car that you either have no idea what they are or just want to know what there function is. Try to include general location if not already aparent.

It amazes me to think I spend all this time online reading about cars and I can still open up my hood and go "geeze, wonder what that does":gaga:

So here are some things on my car I need Identified.
Nice looking gizmo

I don't know what either of these do. This is where the BCS is on the turbo model, but I ain't got no turbo

Now this one really confuses me. It's on the intake manifold and it has a spring and a adjust ment knob. I have played with it before and probably should have left it alone.

Another two things. One deals with the brakes and the other the ac. I don't really know there function though.

This is in the trunk behind the carpet on the pasenger side fender. I think this might be my stupid evap soleniod that might be bad but once again, I'm unsure.

Now this is under the car right next to the filler neck on the gas tank. Is this my canister???

Thanks guys:stafiseiz

·
Mobile Diagnosis Guy
97 Impreza L
5,492 Posts
1.windshield wiper motor.

2. baro pressure sensor, the other could be evap or EGR, not positive...finding where it goes will tell you.

3. air conditioning assist solenod

4. brake proportioning valve

5. one line going to it is typical of a vent solenoid....i cant see that being in the trunk though..

6. charcoal evap canister

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
Cool idea for a thread. I don't know what any of those are, but I will listen in and learn. I will have to go take a bunch of pictures someday and add to this.

·
Registered
97 Brighton, 4x4
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I=:loser: :lol:
2. baro pressure sensor, the other could be evap or EGR, not positive...finding where it goes will tell you.
How would you tell which is what. The top one has a line going into it coming off the other one. The bottom one feeds into a T thing that splits into the intake manifold and the block
How does this deal with the AC at all? It has a vacume line coming from the intake manifold. Seems like it's releasing pessure somehow
5. one line going to it is typical of a vent solenoid....i cant see that being in the trunk though..
That's my trunk. Its behind that cardboard stuff that covers the tail light housing as well.
Success!
Cool idea for a thread. I don't know what any of those are, but I will listen in and learn. I will have to go take a bunch of pictures someday and add to this.
Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Brighton, 4x4
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know what either of these do. This is where the BCS is on the turbo model, but I ain't got no turbo

Now this one really confuses me. It's on the intake manifold and it has a spring and a adjust ment knob. I have played with it before and probably should have left it alone.

This is in the trunk behind the carpet on the pasenger side fender. I think this might be my stupid evap soleniod that might be bad but once again, I'm unsure.

Thanks guys:stafiseiz
I still have know idea what these are????

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts

4. brake proportioning valve

Wasn't it already answered?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts