Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i picked this up...

But this happened. I cant figure out what brand midpipe this is, its a 3" donut on the downpipe side, and it tapers to 2.5" on the muffler side. Its really nice and everythings in good shape, its just 6-8" too short :wtf: It was taken off an 05 STi, im confused...

-Is it a 3" GC length midpipe?
-Is a cat/trackpipe supposed to go here?
-What brand is it?
-wtfbbq?

·
Registered
MY00 GC6 BRP
2,152 Posts
Did you buy this from that guy on nasioc? Was eyeing this but can't really afford to spend money on another exhaust lol.

So anyways, I think the best solution here would be to have an exhaust shop weld an extended portion onto the midpipe so you can fit it (that is if you really want to use that midpipe).

Or you can use another midpipe that will fit and flip that one for money.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats gonna cost too much and i dont need an adapter. Im thinking of cutting the donut end off, and welding up a 8" piece of pipe, this way its a full 3"-2.5" adapter pipe.

·
Registered
MY00 GC6 BRP
2,152 Posts
thats gonna cost too much and i dont need an adapter. Im thinking of cutting the donut end off, and welding up a 8" piece of pipe, this way its a full 3"-2.5" adapter pipe.

Thats basically what I suggested. Either cut and weld an extension onto the midpipe, or adding a bolt on piece before that to fill that gap.

Now where you have the work done, at a shop or at home, is where most of the money will go depending on the financial priority of this modification. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
05 RS
2,596 Posts
Wirelessly posted (my sexy evo: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; PC36100 Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

You mean the very downpipe I have?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.