Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
99 WRB GC V9 Spec C RA recce
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Back on the topic

My next big decision is putting ABS back into the car, and finding optimal mounting location for the ABS unit

Mocking different options, can't decide

My fav is #6, but I feel its far from ideal and I need to put it under the MC on the driver's rail - away from turbo heat, and for shorter lines

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
514 Posts
I like #1 and #2, in that order. I'd go with whichever one makes it easier to route the lines. Awesome work, can't wait to see this baby come together! Very interested in the engine, as I've been thinking about a destroker myself...

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sure, but I am located half way across the world in Moscow, Russia - I could ship, but I have no idea how much it would be

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
More custom stuff

I am running front 5x114 knuckles/hubs due to its superior design and longevity
However in order to run GC suspension, I had to deck the knuckle width for the GC strut to fit over it, and relocate the upper hole

This caused issues for alignment, because while adjusting the eccentric bolt "felt" into the hole

So I had my friend fab me these tabs that were pressed in, and afterwards we had another go with the drill through the desired hole, to shave away extra tab material

·
Registered
2.5RS, STI, BRZ, ZL1 vert, X5D
178 Posts
Option 1 seems to make the most sense to me. Seems to give the most robust mounting and provdes access to all the ports and electrical connector.

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
327 Posts
That looks great. Reminds me of fenders on an e30. Did you add any more material or just work with what is already there?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
yes, we had to add some metal to them

looks like I found my ABS orientation, I see no other way to fit it for the wiring not to be in the way

Now I need to modify the bracket for it

also started to think how to approach the wiring, it came out of RHD 2004 STI..... swapping it to LHD is not going to be fun

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Tracked down a rare Spec C cluster that is marked to 260 km/h

next, will need to find a matching set of Defis

21 - 29 of 29 Posts