Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
00 RSTi, 90 Miata, 71 240z
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The video on the alignment if anyone wants to see how to kit performs, still need to check the accuracy of the kit and my errors with an alignment rack.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Curious on how close the alignment is. May pick up a kit for me if it's close enough. Enjoy the videos a bunch. Keep in coming.

Got an alignment check done
The specs I set with the kit

FR Camber -2.6 Caster 2.8 Toe out 1/32nd
FL Camber -2.6 Caster 3.2 Toe out 1/32nd

Total front Toe 1/16th of an inch out

RR Camber -1.5 Toe 0

LR Camber -1.4 Toe 0

Actual specs

FR Camber -2.7 Caster 2.8 Toe out 0

FL Camber -2.7 Caster 3.0 Toe out 0

Total front Toe 0

RR Camber -1.5

LR Camber -1.3
Rear toe 1/32nd in

I maxed out Camber in the rear and went a little bit too much in the front after playing with the ride height and it increasing the camber, but I'm just going to stay where it is.

After redoing the Toe when I got home I saw what I did wrong and just rushed my measurements and corrected it. I may get another check just to make sure I'm good now, but it got me closer than some alignment shops have in the past.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)

Installed my OMP Steering wheel and NRG quick release that I got from rally.build. I love the feel of the wheel, really changes driving the car. It's a little small for how slow the rack is on the car but that'll be fixed once I get around to doing the column quickener.

also got some "cheap" gravel tires from zestino to mount on the Method wheels and test fit them on the car and I threw on some Rally Armor mud flaps I had sitting in my garage for the past year or so from my STi

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Here's the install of the OMP wheel and hub

Unfortunately the Rallycross I've been planning on going to tomorrow was canceled, so I rushed a bunch of stuff and prep to get it ready for no reason.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I would imagine your neighbor wouldn't mind you rallying his yard to test out the new upgrades.
There is a really nice dirt road behind the neighborhood that goes to a site they've been pulling dirt from for all the development.. I usually find myself back there once a week or so..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
i had a spot like that in ND. was SOOOOOO much fun. back when i was cool with a coupe.

/threadjack

Haha it looks like that was a lot of fun, if my neighbors didn't disapprove of it so much (with passive aggressive neighborhood Facebook posts) I would be back there all the time

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Since I had some free time from the RallyX being canceled I installed a sequential shift light I bought awhile back.. because if I have all the cool stuff then I'll get fast just like the Pros ..:crazy:

Anyway It's more for the safety of the engine and shift a little earlier so I don't overspin the engine, since the revlimit is 8250 on this thing.
If anyone wants to get one of these,
it took awhile to show up, but was a lot cheaper than anything I could find in the states

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Got around to making the video of the Shift Light install if anyone wants to see what was required. It is a very easy process and you only need hot, ground, and a tach lead.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Made it to the first RallyCross since the swap, so it's been about a year since I have been to an event. This event was pretty far away at 4 hours and the car did great driving it there, beating on it, and then driving it back.
I'm not sure if I'll be back to this venue though because of the distance and the course was pretty lame and slow.

I did place 1st.. since I was the only one in my class lol..

I definitely need to relearn how to drive the car and actually use the powerband. The car easily out performs me and it shows, but it'll be fun learning it only to tear it down in a month..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Appreciate it guys and the "actual" build should start in about three weeks when I begin stripping the car and trying to find time with work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Got around to putting a new timing belt on the EJ207. It was the original belt.. so close to 20 years old though only around 55k miles on it.

then I went and picked up this thing..

It was getting pretty old driving to work with no A/C in my "race" car since the RS was my daily before the swap.
It's just an 07 2.5I base Impreza, but it's great on a commute.

Though my driveway is starting to look like a crappy used car dealership

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,177 Posts
ZOMG we are twinsies!

I just got one, same color and year. Just traded my trunk for an STi one

I am sure it's not your first rodeo, but for others, zip bags and labels make a strip job and put together SO much easier, along with a billion pics LOL

21 - 40 of 97 Posts