Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
557 Posts
hey how are you like the fortune autos ? im looking to get coils on my 207 swapped rs. im choosing between feals FA500 and bc br. any input would be nice

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
hey how are you like the fortune autos ? im looking to get coils on my 207 swapped rs. im choosing between feals FA500 and bc br. any input would be nice
Hey man sorry for the super late reply I need to start being more active on here. As far as the fortune Autos go I love them then again they are the only coilovers I have ever owned lol I daily drove the car with them for the first 8 months after I nstalled them and I had no complains on he ride quality they are a bit bouncy but you get that with any coilover but not harsh and my spring rates are 7k front and 6k rear

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Needs updates
I know I know I've been lagging just been super busy on trying to get the car 100% road worthy that I space out about updating here I'll update this weekend for sure

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
i suck at updating my thread anyways
1/2/2017 - 1/8/2017
installed the engine in the car. resealed the oil separator plate and a new rear main seal

:naughty::naughty:

Installed the 6 speed back where it belongs in that super tight tunnel

went back to the headache known as getting the dash to fit

WRX column in

Mmmmm i like the view

Got the interior half way done

I was trying really hard to get the dash to have zero gap while keeping the HVAC and i realized that it wasnt going to happen but even with that i'm so happy with how it came out and then again its my canyon carver the car i want drive the piss out of its not some boring show princess hard parker so the dash gap doesn't bother me anymore

Installed the bumper back on wired up the headlights, taillights, brake lights and turn signals so i could free up the lift and take the car home

It looks so good that the GO finally matches the show:boxer:

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Update

So during the drive home i noticed that after 3rd gear the car wasn't holding boost it would reach target boost then it would lose it, boost oscillation is the term I believe, so after some failed diagnosis and removing the intake manifold to replace the intake gaskets, and the turbo inlet. It was still doing the same thing :puppy_dog. I then had a tuner check it out and bam with a tune the problem went away and she was holding boost and boy does she pull.
Also got a sweet Iwire GC to GD radiator shroud and I'm waiting on their GC to GD IC splitter.

Im in love with this car all over again, the 205 has 195k miles on it and it pulls like a mother, love the rumble of the catless HKS HI power turbo back, and the sound of the little td04 is so addicting. I didn't beat my brothers vf22 280ishWHP bugeye like i thought i would but i have handed out a few Ls and its great

Heart Of The Beast by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Did a little upgrade to the car VF39, 565cc, and a STi top mount got it tuned to 18psi and dam does it pull I couldn't be happier with this thing. Also got the bad ass Iwire GD to GC TMIC splitter looks good paired with the GD to GC radiator shroud...

Snail by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr

Heart of the Beast by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
I also ruined my BFG Sport Comp 2 tires so i deciced to ball out a bit and get some 235/40 Falken Azenis RT615K+. These things are a huge step up from the BFGs the grip is insane i have yet to find the limit on these on the canyon runs that i do

BBK & Grip by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr
Falkens by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr
Basic by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr

·
Registered
1998 GF8, 2003 BH9
162 Posts
Man I though I saw this car on Facebook in matt green. I'm so glad it wasn't it because the pearl white is fantastic. Love the L bumper by the way.

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Man I though I saw this car on Facebook in matt green. I'm so glad it wasn't it because the pearl white is fantastic. Love the L bumper by the way.
Haha no no matte green for me, thank you i do love the pearl white only downside to it is when it comes to color matching if it ever needs it :mixed:

looks great, big transformation!
Thank you!

Very nice. Car's looking awesome.
Thank you I'm hoping to fix a few eye sores this winter so it looks its best next summer

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
I guess I will update this thing just for giggles and shits.
back in april of 2019 i got rid of the vf39 since it was smoking like a mofo at idle, I started looking for a vf22 or a 16g and i was lucky enough to find a used Blouch 16GXT in perfect condition, also scored some new still in the box Cobb 1000cc injectors. Had the car on the dyno before i pulled vf39 and the car put down 260whp on 91 pump gas on a mustang dyno at 18psi. after the 16g on the same psi it made 275whp and the 16g definitely pushes harder to redline compared to the vf39. Engine has about 200k miles so i kept it at 18psi to keep it as reliable as it can be, i might turn the boost up later but as of now im just having fun with the car and focusing on driver mod.

Last week i finally made the front end of the car match the rear by installing some whiteline endlinks and some sway bar poly bushings. Also got rid of the WRX steering knuckle and replaced it with a solid 05 STi one and dam is the difference nice. I haven't done much to the car pretty much just maintenance and enjoying the smiles per gallon that it gives. here are some noob photos that i took...

Snail by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr
close up by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr

Sunny Days 3 by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr

Booty by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr

Mountain Run 2 by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
974 Posts
Car sits damn near perfect. Thats one of the, if not the best L bumper setups. Well done.

Keep up the good work.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
577 Posts
Agreed on the front bumper. It looks great all painted out, including the fog light trim.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts