Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
1,207 Posts
Noice! Body work progress! If you're going to retain the rear accord lip for your front L bumper, try to make a DIY middle piece for it like the bugeye has :D

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Thanks. Oh I got rid of the accord lip a while ago lol I'm running a bugeye V2 lip

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
1,207 Posts
WHOA! Way better! It's also been like a year since you updated I noticed hence "slow 'build'" o-o Can't wait to see the finished product!!

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,376 Posts
Damn dude! Never realised how far this thing has come! I bet the ej22 swap felt great lol, the ej22 has such a nice amount off torque :) Loved reading this journal, should have done so a long time ago! You better update it now bud lol :)

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
Well now that I have a working computer i figured I would update you guys on whats been going on with my little slow impreza

let me start were i left off at

got her some JDM tailights and some JDM rear spats

then rolled the fenders myself with the help of my brother since we coulnt find someone to do it we bought the tool and went for it

Got rid of the accord lip and did the Bugeye lip, oh and i also found a v6 grill for a great deal

(it looked so bad the paint looks horrible next to the plasti dipped grill)

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
After I kept seeing my rattle can paint job get worse and worse I finally decided to pull the trigger and get her a fresh re spray and also i found someone who i trusted with spraying the 3 stage pearl.

since I already posted pics of when it was all sanded down here are some of the paint process

alsmost done

Mmmmmm that shine!!!

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
The day I got her back I fell in love all over again!

that same weekend I took off the yellow film and installed my side skirts

but then i let my brother talk me in to a HID retofit and here is the outcome

Next day I got my lip back from paint and i had to throw it on

(sorry for the shitty quality pics)

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
With the outside looking that good i had to put a little TLC on the interior, first thing i did was pull the dash out again since the paint was flaking pretty bad and gave it a propper scuff and used some adhesive promotor and resprayed it and instead of shinny black i went with a flat black and it came out way better​

Luckly for me the WRX that i got the rear sway bar was still at the junkyard so i went ahead and snatched up the carpet it and had a buddy give it a nice deep clean, and it was perfect for a total of $60

Before

After, not the most perfect fit but im happy with it so no big deal

I had been looking for GC STi seats for a while because the bugeye seats just became uncomfortable since they sat an inch higher, so luckly for me a friend of mine had bought a 2.5rs for a daily and it came with STi seats and some stock seats, since it is his daily as much as he loved the STi seats he decided to sell them to me after all always talking about how much i wanted some and he even threw in some interior trim that i took so that way i didnt have to color match my ugly tan ones :naughty:

right now im just waiting for my Fortune Auto 500 series coilovers to show up so i can finally get a sweet functional drop and continue to murder every apex i can find

(have these just sitting here waiting for my coilovers. Anti lift kit, roll centre correction kit, and LCA poly bushings)

Oh and i also installed some of these, whiteline endlinks and poly sway bar bushings

here are some pics just cus i like them

:naughty::cool:

·
Registered
MY99 OBS
1,690 Posts
That pearl white looks great! Best white ever! Pearl white on gold ftw!!

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Damn dude! Never realised how far this thing has come! I bet the ej22 swap felt great lol, the ej22 has such a nice amount off torque :) Loved reading this journal, should have done so a long time ago! You better update it now bud lol :)
thanks man ive put alot of time, sweat and tears into this "build" and i love every moment of it :). yea i love the ej22 it actually feels like it belongs in the car compared to the ej18 im still trying to figure out why subaru used such a gutless engine in a AWD car. Glad you enjoyed reading it my friend now that i have a working computer i will update it more often :cool:

That pearl white looks great! Best white ever! Pearl white on gold ftw!!
Thanks man! I love it im so glad i stuck with the decision to go with the pearl white instead of the aspen white like i was originally planning

Daaaamn! Good pick on the paint! I bet it looks even better in the sun.
Oh yeah it looks so good in the sun and it still needs a cut and buff and it should be getting it here pretty soon once i start dealing with some eye sores.

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Its been way over a year since i have updated my build, i have done a few more things since then and have huge plans this winter!

1) installed some Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers (7k front 6k rear)
2) Got some 17x8 +35 Avid1 wheels
3) wrapped the wheels in 245/45/17 BF Goodrich SportComp2
4) front and rear Brembos (yes on an NA deal with it)
5) Stop tech SS brake lines

I got my hands on a 03 WRX donor, it runs and drives so this winter that will be my project. full 205 swap and dash swap. Since i got the car dirt cheap i will be investing in a 6 speed

i also picked up photography so enjoy the current state of my car through my canon lens

Brembos by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr
RE EDIT by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr
always a rough road by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr
Hard Parked by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr
Hunting Miatas by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr
Stopping Power by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr
Rainy Days by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr

I will try and keep my build thread updates more consistent specially since my dream of swapping my car is getting really close.

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
10/29/16
Installed my JDM v8 DCCD 6speed with matchin r180

When your doing a trans swap all by yourself

Got rid of the cable clutch and went hydro clutch unfortunately i didnt take pictures of that Process or much else but i love the 6 speed even NA its shifts so smoothly and the short gears really gives the illusion that the 2.2 is just that bit quicker but not really :eek:rly:

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
11/25/16
Finally got to tear apart my doner 03 WRX, first thing i did was pull the motor :stafiseiz

Then started on removing the Dash and Wire harness

Dash was pretty simple to remove since ive done my L one like 3 times lol

Look at all those wires

Got the entire harness off the car from headlights to taillights, now i just have to wait for both lifts to be open to i can swap over both front and rear subframes and also the gas tank. After that is done the real swap can start!! The goal is to be booSTing by spring

·
Registered
00 2.5RS Coupe
46 Posts
****! Absolutely love this build. Makes me feel so stupid for getting a Legacy wagon for my first car when I could have built up an Impreza L!! :facepalm::curse:

·
Registered
2001 Impreza Outback Sport
54 Posts
What a bad-ass, patient build from such humble beginnings. Love it!

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
****! Absolutely love this build. Makes me feel so stupid for getting a Legacy wagon for my first car when I could have built up an Impreza L!! :facepalm::curse:
Lol dont feel stupid its never to late to find one and start a build. And thank you:)

damn, some nice progress over the years! looks great!
Thank you!

What a bad-ass, patient build from such humble beginnings. Love it!
Thanks for the kind works, and patience is key when it comes to this stuff right?

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
12/26/2016 - 12/31/2016

So after Christmas we closed the shop down for the entire week until new year, so i took the opportunity to start my swap...

First thing i did was pull my 2.2 and say goodbye to it (Well not really i have plans for it once the 2.0 pops :yapyap:)

Pulled the GC dash, this was pretty easy since i have taken this thing off like 3 times to paint it :lol:, and also the wiring harness

Bye bye NA harness

Next was getting the heater core to fit. I wont be doing a write up this since there is already a great one from Tenebrion which i followed for my swap. plus i didnt take enough pictures to make one

cutting here and there to fit the beam then cutting some more. This has to be the biggest pain in the ass when in comes to this route on a swap. I lost an entire day messing with the dash and beam to get 0 gap to the point of frustration after i said F IT and stopped caring about the gap i just want to drive it at this point...

Did a mock up once i got tired of cutting the beam and im pretty happy with it,

Pulled the dash, beam, and heater core back out to start feeding the WRX harness through the car

At this point i was tires of moving around inside the car plus my back was killing me (not fun being 6'1 and moving around in that tight space), so i moved on to the subframes

Didnt take any pictures of the rear subframe swap but i also swapped to the wrx gas tank, but i only took this picture of the GC tank lol

well i did get this picture of the charcoal canister cuz im amazed at how most of this stuff fits like it was meant to always be there

So that was my progress this last week i was hoping to get it running but that didnt happen hopefully ill get to drive it on my birthday!

101 - 120 of 139 Posts