Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
eh im from reno. i see that sticker on the rear windshield EVERYWHERE. is it some crew out in carson or what? btw love the write up on this bro.
yea it was the flat-4 Reno Subaru club but from what i know its dead already so all the stickers are long gone, and thanks man :banana:
i believe its the reno flat 4 club sticker.
awesome progress on your car!
yea you got it, thanks i love having a DD project car its awesome!!

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Got some 2.5i wheels i gotta say they look pretty sweet im digging the new look :banana:

All i have are crappy cell pics :barf:

was thinking about painting them gold but i really like this look i think im gonna run it for a while

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Today I finally got to installing the WRX RSB

I was so proud of my self when I busted loose that big ass bolt and installed my first lateral link I had to snap a pic :banana:

Definitely one of the best upgrades like everyone says the car handles sooooo much better! So worth all that hard work!

And these I just took and they came out sick so why not post them

·
Registered
AWD:93 impreza L&01 forester L
6 Posts
great build! I just got a 93 L few weeks ago, runs like a champ but want to do a few things to it, similar to yours :D already got some 02 wrx wheels :D

where did you get your headlights from? and what year is that wrx rsb from? did you need to mod anything or did it fit right up? thanks!

·
ALL THE STI PARTS
01 RSTI w/07 EJ257, Brembos
1,813 Posts
"Busted" the big ass bolt loose... in Nevada :lol:. Try doing that where they salt the roads!

Ton of transformation here, great job!

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
great build! I just got a 93 L few weeks ago, runs like a champ but want to do a few things to it, similar to yours :D already got some 02 wrx wheels :D

where did you get your headlights from? and what year is that wrx rsb from? did you need to mod anything or did it fit right up? thanks!
That's a good start man those WRX wheels give it a nice look! The headlights i got them from ebay and they were a decent price. The RSB was off a 02 WRX and i didnt need to mod anything everything bolted right up, check this link out I used it and it helped a lot
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f105/t51139-diy-adding-rsb-early-impreza-l-long.html

"Busted" the big ass bolt loose... in Nevada :lol:. Try doing that where they salt the roads!

Ton of transformation here, great job!
hahah oh ok ill make sure to try doing that on my next sway bar install.
Thanks I'm loving every step of the transformation!

·
Registered
1999,impreza,white.ej2og
269 Posts
really on the Honda accord lip? I want one so bad I love my L bumper and that just gives it a nice look

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
^^^ yea man i'm dead serious its off an accord I'm not sure what year accord but its on the rear bumper and its a three piece lip and i only got it for like $12

·
Registered
1997 impeza coupe
128 Posts
my moms 97 accord has that lip in the rear so your looking for that same style accord as the 97

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Not much going on with the L lately but I finally found a good deal on some sweat stuff that I couldn't pass up on.

First I finally got some rs sideskirts and they are bomb definitaly help out the look of the lip and spats

Second thing are these bad boys can't wait to swap tires this Friday and throw them on :D

·
Registered
1993 Subaru Impreza L (jf1)
181 Posts
i love seeing the l model turn into badass cars like yours, i have similar plans for my 93 wagon.

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Thanks man I love hearing stuff like that it makes all that work even more worth the time and sweat I have put into it. Sweet can't wait to see your 93 wagon transformation!

Well here is how the car sits now

Nothing major
Yellow tint headlights
Aftermarket yellow fog lights (soon to be painted translucent yellow for more yellow!!!)
98 RS 5 spokes (will get painted gold this weekend hopefully)
Rally armor basic mudflaps

Coming soon
2.2 swap once I find one :/
02 wrx rear disc brake conversion

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I got them at a junk yard lol I just sprayed them black to give them a nicer look should have done the rsb too oh well haha

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Did some sweet upgrades
First up got rid of those ugly ass drums :banana:

And got these

And the to top it off these bad boys :jerkit:

Now enjoy these sweet pics

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
YES!!!! I finally found an ej22

it came off a 96 subaru legacy it was such a lucky find cuz the car had 89k miles on the clock and perfect compression on all 4 cylinders so i had to take it on the spot :)

So i did what i love to do and started wrenching away!

here is one of the few pics i took during the swap on the right its the ej22 with the ej18 intake manifold and you guessed it the left is the naked ej18

ej22 finally in the car :noes:

well since the ej22 has single port heads and i dint feel like buying single port UEL headers since the ones i have already are UEL i talked to the welder guy that did my exhaust and he said he could adapt the manifold and i gotta say he did an excellent job for $50

I have to say i love the power difference it isn't a crazy difference but its just right everything about just makes it 100x more fun to drive and the way she gets sideways in the dirt is just perfect couldn't be happier

here are a couple videos after i was done first one is once i got it running while it was straight header
2nd is once the exhaust was back on

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Dam I haven't posted on my build thread in over a year well big things are happening right now so I thought I would share

81 - 100 of 139 Posts