Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally decided to start a journal i havent done much to my subie but its enough to at least start one

well to start of I was never a subie fan, My dream car was always the Nissan Skyline GTR
but i always knew that would never happen so i thought i would end up driving some crappy civic but i became a subie addict when i got my 93 impreza L AWD with only 98k miles at first i really didnt care much for the car i jus wanted a good snow car, untill i found out about rs25.com and when i saw how much potential my lil car has i fell in love with it :projectsti.com:

This is when i first got her

HOW SHE SITS NOW
Wet GC by Javier Jacobo, on Flickr

Engine
03 WRX ej205
Invidia Catless up pipe
Catless Down pipe
HKS Hi Power catback
td04
04 STi TMIC
Iwire GD to GC radiator shroud
IWire GC to GD IC splitter
Gimmick racing turbo inlet
Pro Tuned to 18psi

Suspension
Fortune Auto 500 coilovers (7k Front 6k Rear)
Fortune Auto Front and rear camber plates
02 WRX Rear 20mm sway bar
Whiteline Rear endlinks
Rear Poly sway bar bushings
Super Pro Anti lift kit
Super Pro roll center correction kit

Brakes
07 STi Brembos
Hawk pads
Stop Tech SS brake lines
Brembo blank rotors

Interior
V5 STi seats
GD dash
Grey door cards from newer impreza L
WRX carpert
RS pillar and door jam trim pieces
Double Din stereo

Exterior
Satin White Pearl paint
98 RS front bumper
GD lip
Retrofitted headlights
Depo blacked out corners
V6 grill
JDM taillights
RS hood
RS coupe wing
RS side skirts
JDM rear spats

Wheel and Tires
17x8 +35 Avid1 AV-20 wheels
245/40 BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2

Transmission
JDM v8 DCCD 6 speed
V8 Sti 5x100 Front and rear knuckles
STi driveshaft
R180 Rear diff
STi Front and rear axles
Group N trans mount
BLOX shift knob

Update 5/15/12

first thing i did was paint the hubcaps a silverish color cuz thats all i could afford at the time

After a couple of months of saving i went to get my windows tinted

When i got some money i Bought some tires for the WRX rims my bro gave me off his 02 bugeye the cool thing was that i sold my stock steelies with the tires with only 5,000 miles that same day so i only paid half for the new tires i bought

got them a lil dirty

After Getting my credit card i knew what i was getting a new bumper i always liked how the 97-01 L bumper looks like it gives it a lil bit of that skyline look :clap: so thats what i got

Painted it with two $6 rattle cans from kragen

its crazy how perfectly the rattle can matched the original paint

The next day went and got myself a famous home depot lip

Found a wing from a 96ish legacy at the local pick n pull so i took it in my opinion i think it looks way than the RS wing but thats just me

i finally got rid of my crappy muffler delete exhaust

Last week when my Brother got his hands on a set of 1st genaration legacy UEL headers and that same day we hooked it up with his WRX stock exhaust

i really dont like how the chambered flowmaster exhaust sounds like so im planning on getting a STI axleback tomorrow
this is how she sits now after one year of awesomeness!!!!! (de-badged trunk)

2/21/11
scored a 98 2.5rs wing and finally got to painting it rattle can style and installing it on my car

love how it looks cant wait to paint my car hopefully next month:banana:
also planing on getting some struts and lowering springs as well

3/11/11 got my WRX seats in the car, sorry for the crappy cell pics

will hopefully be painting my dash black and getting some black carpet from the local junkyard so my interior will look even better :corn:

Attachments

·
Registered
1995, Impreza, 2.2L
113 Posts
Nice Job.....> <
Planning on getting a 97-01L bumper myself....was there any modification on the reinforcement or was it a direct fitment?

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking good...

The things you can do with a rattle can...lol...came out great!

What are your plans with fixing the paint on the hood?
I know right rattle cans are the bomb lol.
well I'm planning on painting the car by next summer navy blue or black can't decide. but first I want to get the hood, headlights, and grill to match the bumper so ill probably be getting rid off this one or in the mean time I might just rattle can it

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice Job.....> <
Planning on getting a 97-01L bumper myself....was there any modification on the reinforcement or was it a direct fitment?
thanks :). its a direct fitment so u don't have to worry about any modifications the only thing was that it won't fit wit the white foam thing behind the bumper so jus get rid of that an u will be good

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to go off topic...But when I first saw the title of this thread yesterday. I thought you were saintluciascooby from nasioc. The title of his build is My slow GC8 build.

But I think his build is a little more involved...to say the least...

My slow GC8 build - NASIOC
Thats is one insane build. I dont think i would ever afford a build like that i just want to do a swap some day so my lil GC can be fast but still a DD. I had the opportunity a while back to get my hands on an ej22t but the guy sold the legacy the day right before i was gonna go pick it up at the time i didnt really know about the potential of an ej22t but now that i do i feel pretty stupid :stupid:

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey guys i know its been a while but a couople of weeks ago i got my hands on a STI axleback and hooked it up loved how it sounded like a stock STI with my UEL header

i left it on for a like 2 weeks then found a muffler that really gave my car that subie rumble :uKk:
not the best pic

also got some black headlights plus corners and i gotta say my car looks so sexy :loser:

next thing on my list is a RS hood and grille so i can get rid of those nasty
gaps

The Coldness is finally here an this the proof lol it looks like a ice beard :rotflmao:

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That grill has seen better days :$
I know right hahaha its actually the stock grill that came wit the car lets just say i kinda modified it :rotflmao:

what can i say im having a really hard time finding a rs grill and hood to match my new sexy headlights :(

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You'll find a deal on one eventually.
i hope so, it sucks cuz there is no GC love here its mostly newer WRX's and STI's so finding one localy is a big pain

P.s. i was checkin out your build thread and your subie is coming along great i hope mine gets to that point some day, how hard was the swap and how u liking that wrx powered GC?

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
not part of my build but i could say it has inspired me to keep aiming high for my lil 93

anyways i was going to get a bite to eat at McDonalds after one of my college classes with a friend when he suddenly stops an i turn to the right and i see this sexy blue RS so as im drooling i get out my car and start checkin out this sexy thing in front of i start taking pictures then the owner comes out and starts talkin to me about his car pops the hood and he tells me that what i'm looking at is a 2.7 cosworth racing engine with a big ass GT35r turbo pushing 530whp i was in awe so he opened the door and took me for the best ride of my life this thing was so dam fast it was an amazing experience. after that not even my brothers vf22 powered bugeye pushing 280whp got me close to shitting myself like that RS did :unamused: an now that i drive my 110hp beast i die a lil inside wishing one day it can be that fast :devil:

enough talk here some pics of the beast

And here is the monster 2.7 :jerkit:

·
Registered
Merc Powered Toyota
1,181 Posts
i hope so, it sucks cuz there is no GC love here its mostly newer WRX's and STI's so finding one localy is a big pain

P.s. i was checkin out your build thread and your subie is coming along great i hope mine gets to that point some day, how hard was the swap and how u liking that wrx powered GC?
The swap was actually pretty easy. As long as you have the right tools it's simple. If you ever swap I suggest buying a wrecked parts car. You will save A LOT depending on where the damage is.

·
Registered
1993, Subaru Impreza L
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1/23/11

since i'm broke right now and cant afford an RS grille or hood, jus finished paying for 5 college classes:devil:, i wanted to do something cheap to my car that wouldnt hurt the wallet and would help the looks department a little more. So after looking at it for a while and with some help of a photoshop from one of the members of DI i decided my healights seemed a little out of place so i painted my rims black :D

here she is with some freshly painted shoes

looks way better in person than these crappy cell phone pics

·
Registered
2001 SUBARU 2.5RS BRP Coupe
1,278 Posts
real camera's are a ton better, cars coming up real nice...keep it up

1 - 20 of 139 Posts